What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

That’s f’n fantastic!!!

1 Like

Really tasty and easy. Ramekin has orange marmalade, sweet Thai chili sauce and cayenne.
Have been eating really well lately. Trout, NY strip and shrimp on the barbie tomorrow.

2 Likes

We enjoyed an excellent Amarone al fresco, on a beautiful evening, with Andouille pizza and homemade guacamole and chips. Pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

Didn’t turn out great mostly overcooked. I blame the cocktails. Veal hanger, corn from the garden, potatoes.

g

6 Likes

I want to also stress how important it is to cut across the grain when cutting your steak. The difference is huge and affects how you enjoy the cut of steak.

1 Like

Our friend invited us over for an outstanding dinner with some excellent wines.
Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

Arroz Chaufa or Fried Rice or Pork and Rice. Great way to use up any leftover Gochujang pork.

2 Likes

@KAOSKitchen - looks great!

Of course I eat and make fried rice too. I always thought that arroz chaufa was specifically Peruvian fried rice and I wondered if it is different from, say Chinese fried rice. Or am I overthinking it and arroz chaufa is just Spanish for fried rice in general?

1 Like

By no means authentic to any name except pork and rice for me. This one with the big chunks of pork loin reminded me of when I realized that as an adult, I could put as many pieces of bacon on my BLT that I wanted. That was a good day.
I think they’re all similar but depends on the cooking method and if you have the patience to make the rice a day before and fry it up nicely. I rarely do it that way.
Basic for me is red pepper, scallion, garlic, ginger, soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, better than bouillon and bit of water, with a lightly scrambled egg, or tortilla as GF would say, mixed in at the end. GF makes the rice with a lot of oil so don’t have to add any. Very versatile dish and easy to make.
My hot dog fried rice was delicious!

2 Likes

20210813_224144

Marinated thighs, Kurobuta tenderloin and Kurobuta hot dogs. If you see these hot dogs in the stores, grab them as they are delicious. With accompaniments.

Salchipapas. Not a great version. Looking forward to next time I make this.

6 Likes

I wanted fish, and I wanted pasta so this is where we landed. Needed parsley but I was too tired to go out (and we’re not growing any this year) Btw, the tomatoes from McCormack farm in Middletown were exceptional this week.

8 Likes

Wow! Nice looking fish! Fluke? Did you catch it? Mr Bean is jealous. He hasn’t been able to go out in a few weeks. That pasta looks delicious.

2 Likes

Thank you, and yes fluke that we caught. The filets picture was from today but the fish in the pan were from a trip on Friday. I believe the filets from today are earmarked for my son’s girlfriend’s parents.

Looks like I’ll need to go fishing again. :smiley:

2 Likes

Late night grub.

6 Likes

Repost from the WFD thread: Justin made Tuscan Chicken and Prosciutto garlic bread. No vampires tonight!

20210815_195623

6 Likes

Nicely done. You must have the touch - and a good fishing spot. A friend dropped off a few fluke filets - I may have to copy our dinner tomorrow.

2 Likes

Mrs. P made another awesome dinner. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

That salad is gorgeous. What a meal

2 Likes

Thanks Mr. Met! It was delicious.

1 Like

Mrs. P made. clear spring rolls for the first time. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

1 Like