What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Congrats on the new role. Best of luck

Thank you. Went from vegan bakery to the meat business. Go figure.

1 Like

This was a good weekend to try out some steak for my continued work training. Grass-fed 10 oz NY Strip and 20 oz Cowboy. I am not the best griller of steak but I am learning. Scored a $25 used Weber on craigslist to upgrade from the Smokey Joe. Put too much garlic on and rushed the garlic bread, still delicious.

12 Likes

You must not miss the bakery at all. Looks amazing

1 Like

Below is a link to our Fourth of July alfresco dinner on the deck.

3 Likes

Mrs. P prepared another awesome dinner. Details and pictures in the below link.

1 Like

Looks fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend.

Thank you!
Your fresh seafood meal looked extraordinary.
Enjoy your weekend as well.

1 Like

Mixed grill tonight. Kurobuta Chops, NY Strip and Lamb Burgers. Good stuff.

14 Likes

Thanks again. Have a lovely summer.

1 Like

Mrs. P made an awesome spicy Asian fruit salad among other things. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

A light supper of a watermelon, roasted beet, and goat cheese salad with fresh mint:

and a big pot of long-simmered sausage, chicken, and shrimp gumbo:

14 Likes

Looks good!!! Hope everyone enjoyed!!

1 Like

Shoprite meal. Shrimp with garlic and other stuff. Have to learn patience to reduce sauces more but still tasty.

14 Likes

Iberico St Louis Rib night. Oven prepared.

12 Likes

That’s f’n fantastic!!!

1 Like

Really tasty and easy. Ramekin has orange marmalade, sweet Thai chili sauce and cayenne.
Have been eating really well lately. Trout, NY strip and shrimp on the barbie tomorrow.

2 Likes

We enjoyed an excellent Amarone al fresco, on a beautiful evening, with Andouille pizza and homemade guacamole and chips. Pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

Didn’t turn out great mostly overcooked. I blame the cocktails. Veal hanger, corn from the garden, potatoes.

g

6 Likes

I want to also stress how important it is to cut across the grain when cutting your steak. The difference is huge and affects how you enjoy the cut of steak.

1 Like