What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Mrs. P made fried soft shell crab. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

Angus sirloin, aji panca marinated thighs, Gulf shrimp, jalapeno, corn.

10 Likes

I am loving that molten mass of charcoal!!

1 Like

Always loved the colors, and flavors, of the charcoal. Up there with cream drizzled into iced coffee for favorite food shots.
And a huge shout out to the Weber Smokey Joe. Great grill.

Very nice meal. Been drinking Victory Golden Monkey lately. At 9.5% ABV, I only need a couple of them at a time. What type of lump charcoal are you using? I’ve been using Cowboy lately, but always open to other brands.

Mrs. P made a delicious black angus burger purchased from Pete’s Meats and Grill in Wayne. Details and pictures are in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

Absolutely exceptional.

And the orchids ! Incredible …

Mrs. P made another awesome filet mignon dinner. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

Mrs. P made andouille sausage pizza and guacamole which we enjoyed alfresco on the deck on a beautiful evening. Pictures are in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

I just get whatever is at Shoprite or Lowes/Depot. Do notice a big difference compared to briquettes.

Sometimes life throws you curveballs. In this instance it is meat curveballs. My new position requires me to try out different cuts and types of meat.
I was given some Iberico pork cuts, Albanico Fan which was steak-like, and Secreto cut from the belly which was more fatty. Also some wild boar and Wagyu jalapeno cheddar sausages. Added in some gochujang marinade chicken thighs, salsa accompaniments and a few Sapphire and tonics which all made me very satisfied.
Cannot get enough of simply sliced jalapenos and garlic with SP, oregano, oil and bit of red wine vinegar. Addicting stuff I first had at a now defunct mission-style burrito place in Denver. Try it.

12 Likes

Tough gig @KAOSKitchen! And beautiful plate of food!

3 Likes

Will not let it get lost on me @Lambchop …and thanks!

2 Likes

Congrats on the new role. Best of luck

Thank you. Went from vegan bakery to the meat business. Go figure.

1 Like

This was a good weekend to try out some steak for my continued work training. Grass-fed 10 oz NY Strip and 20 oz Cowboy. I am not the best griller of steak but I am learning. Scored a $25 used Weber on craigslist to upgrade from the Smokey Joe. Put too much garlic on and rushed the garlic bread, still delicious.

12 Likes

You must not miss the bakery at all. Looks amazing

1 Like

Below is a link to our Fourth of July alfresco dinner on the deck.

3 Likes

Mrs. P prepared another awesome dinner. Details and pictures in the below link.

1 Like

Looks fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend.