What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Congrats :champagne:
That’s an impressive wine and champagne bar!

2 Likes

Lovely Peruvian dish !

Our Chef friend is in the process of starting a home delivery service of comfort foods and provided us with some delicious samples. Below is a link to the details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

3 Likes

It’s official - I am a jerk … aficionado! OK, maybe I can be a bit of jerk now and then too, but let he who is without jerkiness throw the first stone. This salt-free mix from Penzey’s has converted me:

Although I’ve always enjoyed jerk chicken, I never really wanted to try to make it. Now the dish is in my weekly rotation. Marinate boneless chicken thighs overnight in a mix of a liberal dose of the powder with salt and sugar to taste. 30 minutes at 350 and viola! The recipe from Penzey’s says to use a little lemon juice but I have found that I prefer a can of crushed pineapple. This way I can boil down the marinade to make a sauce.

I wanted to post a pic of last night’s chicken but my son came home hungry at 2 am and ate all six remaining pieces!

7 Likes

I have used Penzey’s in the past, good stuff.
This is Causa, riced potato with aji amarillo filled with shrimp salad.

This whole loaf garlic bread was served at a recent dinner. Didn’t have any as I had already had my fill of bread for the day, but it looked real tasty. Different bread than the usual. Could have used a bit more time in the oven IMO.
20201114_213421

8 Likes

Mrs. P repurposed salumi leftovers from Il Nido into a delicious pasta dish. Pictures in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

Given Mrs. P’s skills in repurposing some of your leftovers, I think she would do extraordinarily well on a home cook’s version of Chopped!

3 Likes

Thanks @heidicooksandbakes :slightly_smiling_face: The only problem is that she is not good with time management :slightly_smiling_face: She likes to take her time and make sure everything is perfect :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Comfort night. Chuck over Spinach and Mushrooms.

Been real comforting lately… Salchipapas.

And I figured out I can fry other stuff too! Nathan’s Fries.

6 Likes

Mahi and Shrimp with Rice, Tartar and Salsa Criolla.

11 Likes

Criolla De-Licious!

1 Like

It’s like salt. We use it on everything.

1 Like

Mrs. P made duck leg confit salad. Pictures and details in the main WFD thread below.

1 Like

The duck definitely looks like a marvel and worth a plane trip ! Ha Ha …

Have a lovely weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you @Barca :blush:
That steak and shiraz that you had looks exquisite and is definitely worth a plane trip :slightly_smiling_face:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 Like

That BLUE RARE Black Angus from the Basque Country was to die for !

And so was the duckling the Mrs. Paryzer prepared !!!

We are gourmets or sybarites !!! ha ha ha …

Here is a question; was the green casserole cookware filled with Escargot ?

Have a lovely Sunday !

1 Like

Yes, the green casserole cookware was filled with escargot in a garlicky mornay sauce. It was delicious.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe!

1 Like

No grill but still pretty tasty.

11 Likes

Mrs. P made Andouille sausage and peppers :yum:
Pictures in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

Was looking for a side vegetable in Shoprite when I came across these. A lot of different bags with various varieties of chiles. Picked up these Anaheims but they didn’t quite satisfy my Hatch craving. Still a nice new product line to check out and reasonably priced.

5 Likes