What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

This is 100% on my list for our next house!

1 Like

I’m asking Santa for this monster.

2 Likes

WHOA!!! You better be on extra good behavior all year! That looks amazing.

1 Like

We had that in our house growing up; it wasn’t until I was in my first (rental) with friends that I learned the agony of running out of propane; got a backup tank and ALWAYS filled the one that was empty after that!

Mrs. P made a summer version of her famous pan seared boneless quail breast salad. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.

1 Like

Mrs. P made deep fried soft shell crabs and other goodies. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

Having lost power and not wanting to open the fridge, the GF agreed to split a bowl of Samyang Hot Chicken Ramen. Picked up a packet at HMart recently and today was the day to try it.
It is pretty hot but flavorful while using the entire liquid flavor packet and chili flake packet. GF, who likes spicy foods, bailed and I had to eat the whole thing. Heat stays with you about 5 min after finishing.

7 Likes

Pie r square, lasagna are round
It’s nice to have an oven again.

9 Likes

Prime Berkshire chops and of course, locally sourced Jersey corn courtesy of the one and only Sickles Market.

11 Likes

I’m in a pork roll… (see what I did there🤣) tonight’s din din … Pork Milanese with sautéed garlic infused spinach… and roasted baby potatoes with carrots. Yummm

12 Likes

A very long morning started with me going at 9 am to the Asian market to pick up eggroll wrappers. Then I spent much too long sweating over a hot food processor combining raw shrimp, pork, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, and my secret ingredient. I faithfully followed the exacting geometrical diagrams and folded the filling into the eggroll wrappers. I floured and fried up the extra shrimp first, then fried a few batches of five or six eggroll before taking this pic. Then I fried the rest of the eggroll. What a PITA!

They are really good with some sweet chili sauce, but …

11 Likes

Good man. Frying in a heatwave! :fire::fire:

3 Likes

And then you realized, hey, I’m a Kitchen King!

1 Like

• grilled chicken w/ sautéed organic green beans … kinda plain jane so I mixed it up by making twice baked potatoes… for the FIRST time ever ! So yummy. New staple :pray:t2:

12 Likes

Well I kinda sorta decided to take one for the team based on the gourmet Mac n cheese thread and decided to make something I saw posted there.

Cheetos Mac n cheese. I’m equally proud and embarrassed by this, but hey YOLO as the kids say. Oh the kids (24&22) actually liked it as did the Mrs. She did comment it was a bit too spicy for her, my taste buds must be dead I didn’t feel the heat.

Anyway chicken Milanese as the entree.

12 Likes

Really been enjoying the grilling this year, especially marinated chicken. Going to branch out and cook a whole fish soon.

10 Likes

Double chocolate truffle ice cream. Quality dark chocolate, a little Kahlua coffe liquor, a little dark cocoa powder, a teeny bit of salt, frozen bits of chocolate truffle candies, light cream, and only half a cup of sugar. Was declared by a big fan of Nicholas Creamery to be better!

7 Likes

“Quality dark chocolate, a little Kahlua coffe liquor, a little dark cocoa powder, a teeny bit of salt, frozen bits of chocolate truffle candies, light cream, and only half a cup of sugar

I’m sorry, but doesn’t the dark chocolate, Kahlua, cocoa, truffle and light cream all have sugar in them as well? That’s kind of like going to The Cheesecake Factory and ordering one of their 1500-2000 calorie salads and saying; “yeah I stuck to my diet I only had a salad”. Lol

It does look good though, just found the only half cup of sugar amusing.

7 Likes

Speaking of “healthy” salads always makes me think of this ad

Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventer

3 Likes

Our chill Friday night bbq menu :yum: organic grass fed cheese burgers… home made onion rings and fries . $29.00 … best at home .

11 Likes