What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Nice…you can see the tail on the left has some size to it.

2 Likes

Yeah it was a monster. Normally they are hit or miss from SR. So I bought scallops and shrimp in addition to do a Seafood Newburg. However, there was so much lobster meat to my pleasant surprise, I made traditional Lobster Newburg with a few shrimp thrown in. As for the scallops, I did this:

Maple-Soy glaze.

6 Likes

The guy last night did it to perfection. Some steam too long. Really hit or miss. But I’m usually making lobster rolls the 2 or 3 times a year I buy them so its not a huge deal.

2 Likes

Tortillas layered with beef, cheese, and chocolate mole sauce.

10 Likes

Peruvian chicken salad with Peruvian (ode to SO) avocados, tomato, red onion, lime zest, olive oil, SP. There are Calandra Rolls under there too.

13 Likes

The last two nights Mrs. P made a delicious lobster and mushroom pappardelle with using the $5.99 a pound lobster on sale at Shop Rite and the gorgeous Two Rivers mushroom medley that was purchased from Local 130 Seafood.
She also made that gorgeous 2 1/2 pound whole red snapper from Local 130 Seafood.
Details and pictures are in the main WFD links below.

6 Likes

Always fabulous … Have a wonderful weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you! Enjoy your weekend as well!

1 Like

Mrs. P prepared another outstanding dinner of homemade guacamole and chips, deep fried soft shell crabs and shrimp, and BBQ Creole shrimp inspired by Mr. B’s in New Orleans. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.

1 Like

Truly delighting !!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Snickers Ice Cream Cake

http://home-recipess.com/snickers-ice-cream-cake

5 Likes

Not to be unwelcoming, but this looks like a promotion for someone’s blog. Thoughts?

1 Like

My thought is that the fork looks like a medieval eight tined torture device.

Spaghetti alla crema di tartufo

Celebratory lunch on the last day of school today.

8 Likes

Congrats!
Does this mean you’ll be staying up past 8pm now???

3 Likes

No.

5 Likes

For some odd reason I was craving some very bad food for lunch today. It’s vile so I’ll only say the initials of this food are FB! I made this instead:

Italian mortadella sandwich on cheesy garlic bread.

5 Likes

I love mortadella!
FB? Fried bologna???

4 Likes

No. I eat fried baloney and it is far from the disgusting truth.

I’ll affirm if anyone guesses correctly, but I’ll save the whole story for our next HODown.

1 Like

Fat back!

Your sandwich looks small.

3 Likes