What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

I use Nina’s DOB for Sunday Gravy, every day tomato I use Pastene or Kitchen Magic, both are crushed and ready to use from California.

2 Likes

Who needs takeout? Special tofu Hunan style, just before I added the crunchy peanut topping.

8 Likes

A few grilled wings for the Giant game

10 Likes

Finally a game that deserves a feast!

4 Likes

Mrs. P made pan seared quail breast salad. Pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

We started off Mrs. P’s birthday weekend with an excellent lobster dinner takeout from Don Pepe ll.
Details and pictures are in the link below.

2 Likes

Looks great. Happy birthday to mrs P Too.
Just curious how they pack that up to go?never find seafood to keep well for takeout.

Thanks Mr. Met!
They pack the lobster in a big rectangular tin foil pan with a tin foil cover. The other items like the Spanish chips are also packed in round tin foil pans with covers.

Looks Delicious !!

What did your brine / marinade overnight include ?

1 Like

Thanks @Barca! Mrs. P uses a simple brine consisting of 1 gallon of water, 1/2 cup of kosher salt, 2/3 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the simple brine récipe.

Three great tastes that taste great together?

bbq baby back ribs, turkey sausage jambalaya, and cia gio with an empty bowl of sweet chili dipping sauce. It’s what’s for dinner. :grin:

7 Likes

Mrs. P made a pork chop for dinner. Pictures are in the link below.

1 Like

We had smoked country ribs for dinner. Details and pictures are in the below link.

1 Like

Our friend in Staten Island invited us over for an awesome belated birthday dinner for Mrs. P. Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures.

1 Like

a favorite version of Fried Rice for me is Lap Cheong Fried Rice…made with that delicious funky and sweet-ish Chinese Sausage. David’s Mai Lai Wah in Philadelphia’s Chinatown makes a killer one. I’ve made it at home too using leftover chinese white rice (we always order too much), diced vegetables, diced lap cheong, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, a fried egg scrambled with soy sauce and chopped…lots of green onion…

and because you can’t ever have too many eggs, (lol) i topped it with a regular fried egg…the runny yolk and the fried rice are amazing together.

8 Likes

What do you get when you combine a baguette from Antionette in Red Bank, thin sliced Japanese A5 wagyu ribeye from ShopRite, good American cheddar, and fried onion and peppers?

Why, the world’s best cheesesteak, of course:

8 Likes

Nice!!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

Wow! Looks awesome!!!

2 Likes

Every year our local community college turns the theater over to the drama students to create a haunted house. We use to take our children when younger but now it’s turned into an adult “themed” Halloween party night. (adult “themed” means a bunch of adults get drunk and goes to a haunted house)

Each year themed food takes precedence over gourmet food, here were some of the offerings from last nights event:

Big Foot loaf
Puking Pumpkin Guacamole
Monster Pie
Frankenstein Pie
Jack-O-Lantern Quesadilla
Jack-O-Lantern stuffed peppers

(Non pictured mini-mummy heads and severed toes and dragon balls)

14 Likes