What would you do with 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs.

Ugh, they even removed the skin (shakes fist)? Maybe cut them into chunks and make 3 cup chicken with it (though I much prefer with some skin on) or chicken kara-age?

You can also marinade in gochujang, soy sauce, a touch of sesame oil and honey or brown sugar, and then grill – make Korean-style chicken thigh? Throw the grilled thighs over rice and it would be pretty tasty.

1 Like

The " Seared Herb-Marinated Chicken", after searing.

Looks like I forgot to take a picture of the Chicken Braised in Two Vinegars Recipe, which is probably a good sign.

Now I just have a skin on halibut and a boneless pork butt to cook and eat before husband returns in two days!

3 Likes

I vote you have halibut tomorrow night (fish and chips?) and make the pork butt into posole verde (with hominey!) for when hubby comes home, stash extras in the freezer for future easy winter meals.

1 Like

Ooops! Good idea, but I acted impulsively.

Made some sort of halibut braised in “African curry” and a coconut milk thing.

Poached/braised very gently. Hope it will be okay as leftover, then I can still have it tomorrow.

I love posole. My in-laws serve it sweet and call it porrige.

Husband doesn’t like pork butt. I’m still making it. Husband is more of a loin type. Blech. We are both okay with a tenderloin.

4 Likes

You are correct, and have actually had Chicken Kiev when I visited the the city.
I did have to discard the shirt I was wearing, and could not ever get that hot butter stain as I cut into the chicken.

2 Likes

Sounds like some serious deprivation dieting to take place this week! Have not met a stuffed anything chicken I did not love!

3 Likes

No such thing as chicken overload in my family. But Most certainly put to the test! I have a small bird defrosting for later this week😉.

The provolone/ham filling was sliced thin at the deli which I prefer. I also prefer a non competing bread coating. Some restaurants go overboard on prep.

The flap steak my sister prepared was also a simple prep of soy sauce, fresh garlic and ground black pepper. I’m not a big meat eater but again simply done, grilled I enjoy.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if you were still looking for chicken ideas. One dish I like is chicken Vesuvio - chicken, potatoes, white wine, garlic and peas. There’s a good recipe at proudItaliancook.com

1 Like

Chicken Marbella, with no more than 25% of the called for sugar.

1 Like

I think I accidentally Flagged or deleted my reply two posts above. Oops.

I wasn’t sure if you were still looking for chicken recipes. My suggestion was chicken Vesuvio - chicken, potatoes, garlic, white wine and peas. A famous Chicago dish.
There’s a good recipe at proudItaliancook.Com.

1 Like

Thank you! I have cooked (and eaten most of) the ground lamb, and chicken thighs, as well as the halibut, and whatever else my husband doesn’t like me to make. I have often thought of making chicken Vesuvius. Thanks for the reminder! I’ll just have to make it with white meat I guess.

1 Like

Shoot! Should have seen this sooner. Oh well. Skin on is probably better.

4 Likes

These are bone in skin on, but saving ideas here nonetheless!

Coconut- and Ají Amarillo–Braised Chicken Recipe

Vietnamese-Style Baked Chicken Recipe

Chicken Thighs With Saffron, Lemon, and Red Potatoes Recipe

Crispy Braised Chicken Thighs With Cabbage and Bacon Recipe

1 Like

Adding a link to the other chicken thigh threadS

1 Like

Today, 9 thighs trimmed, pounded thin, breaded, fried and turned into a eggplant/cutlet parm casserole.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for your eggplant /cutlet parm casserole recipe, or a similar recipe?

I liked this.

2 Likes

No recipe, just the steps.
Today, the dredge was ap flour, egg/cream dunk, breading-panko, jalapeño crumbs and dry bread whirled in the fp. Panfried in olive oil. Drain on paper towel. Then, I sliced two medium purple eggplants into 1/2" planks. Brushed with olive oil and roasted in 375 oven until fork tender. I use my own tomato-basil sauce and sliced fresh mozzarella. Layer each, cover with foil and bake until bubbly. Uncover and bake until browned to preference. 11x13 pan.

4 Likes

This looks delicious. I really enjoy lemongrass.

1 Like