What Wine Did You Drink Today #2? 2021-now

Last bottle of Chasseur in the cellar. Sad to see it go, as they are no longer producing wine. Their small lot Pinots (I think they made 200 cases of this) were beautiful.

1 Like

(uploaded a picture but all I got was a blue dot. FWIW, it was a 2012 Chasseur Umino Pinot)

We drank a mid 1980’s Asti Spumante at noon. Let me tell you–Biden has aged a hell of a lot better than this Asti Spumante. The cork was so dry it broke, and the contents are dark brown and flat. It was still a celebration, and perhaps representative of the last year. (Why we have a thirty-year-old Asti Spumante is a whole other story.)

Here’s hoping everything you drink today and always is better than this.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Chevalier seems to ring a bell – for a saignee’ wine that we bought because Rose de Calon was no longer made, or at least sold at our winemonger.

The Rose de Calon was special because it was made from juice that might also qualify as Third Growth Bordeaux.

We recall the substitute was pretty welcome too.

1 Like

WINELARIOJAMURRIETAJOSELUISimage3 Marqués de Murrieta - La Rioja …

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Stunning picture!

1 Like

Thank you …

Dear friends have an exceptional wine estate in Tuscany.

1 Like

Ridge Carmichael Zinfandel 2008. Zinfandels can age gracefully. Absolutely velvety.
5 Likes

Some good news has come through for the missus, work wise in terms of a long overdue promotion. In a year with not that much to celebrate I went to our local wine merchant and got some champagne. I’m not a big fan of champagne but this was delicious.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Looks great, enjoy!

Love the name of the Champagne!

I opened this Italian white last night and my friend and I both loved it. Intensely floral, aromatic nose with notes of honeysuckle and tasting notes of honey, eucalyptus, and sherry (probably slightly oxidized 2015 vintage). It’s a blend of Malvasia, Rhein Riesling, and Friuli. Wish I had more.

3 Likes

Splendid white from Friuli …

Sorry, Friulano

1 Like

Belle Glos Pinot with dinner

2 Likes