What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

We had an outstanding 2005 Rocca Napa Valley Syrah. It had such complexity to it.

1 Like

Pairs lovely with a wide variety of Charcuterie too …

3 Likes

Two weeks ago, we drove up the coast of Girona to see my parents and grand parents. Here is what we drank and had paired with the Champagne.

Back to craziness here with a “re-run” of another wave of Covid. Italy and Spain are waging war.

1 Like

How was it? I’m cellaring 2004 magnums and haven’t tried it in a long while.

Celebrated a birthday dining outside No 9 Park in Boston with a bottle of Movia Puro, a Slovenian sparkler that is shipped undisgorged. They disgorged it tableside in a bucket of water, inverting the bottle and wrenching the cork off with something that looked a bit like a tire iron. Sitting on the lees that long it certainly had that toasty character - really a delightful wine. image

3 Likes

It was great. Lost a little fruit but still solid. Ridge wines are built to last.

1 Like

28 / 10 / 2020: Wednesday.

A CLASSIC RED VELVET RIOJA …

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

You have more restraint than I can muster, cellaring a sv Rhys for that long. And a Chassagne-Montrachet warmup. Well played!

Hah - well that was back when I could afford them - Rhys has doubled their pinot prices since then so have have to ration my remaining stock.

1 Like

Always loved this line from the movie Wine Country . " What’s this wine called again ? . White wine. I love it . "

1 Like

Since March we’ve been having weekly dinners with our next door neighbors. We exchange meals over the fence then retreat to our respective dining rooms to connect via Zoom. Tonight was our turn to cook. Ridge 2008 Carmichael zin to accompany meatloaf, mashed potato and celery root, and salad of shredded beet, cabbage, carrot, and apple. After a 1-hour decant (on both sides of the fence) the Ridge was drinking beautifully. First sip elicited a “wine candy” comment from my SO.
4 Likes

Beautiful wine from the Santa Cruz mountains. Had many bottles a favorite

1 Like

Adults are in charge at Ridge :wink:

1 Like

I just had an excellent Ridge with dinner tonight, although 10 years younger than yours :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Gateway drug :wink:

2 Likes

We drink more of this than any other red wine.

1 Like

Please note this thread is wine between 2015-2020.

What Wine Did you Drink Today - 2021 to now will below, thank you .