What’s on your mind?

I still remember Buster the Mouf. Love talky cats. Do you remember Linda who Simba’s owner was? She was my hero for adopting and loving a very old cat from a rescue? He was adorable. And what a personality.

I simply cannot recall the owner of Simba on the wfd site so about this memory thing… Anyhow I know you would just love to talk about fashion now. Please scroll on by I will certainly understand. I now own a magic dress. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I was looking at the pride collection at Target and really liked this dress so I bought it. All the signs at target said twenty percent off but none were around this special collection. On a whim I asked the cashier if the twenty percent came off or not? He called for a manager who wordlessly and swiftly just took the twenty percent off. Okay. Wore the dress to Macy’s today where I purchased two pair of shoes. Not expensive ones. The one pair came up half price but the other did not. The two cashiers were young energetic and incredibly sweet. I said I was hoping the other pair would be one sale too. Both of them bent over backwards for me. I got the other pair half price. As I was thanking the young guy profusely he gave me that sly knowing smile. The last time I received that smile I was reading Out magazine at a college library. Two guys came in and seemed horrified that the slot was empty for the magazine until one of them saw me reading it and smiled. Went to Wegmans and the one grouchy cashier beamed at me and greeted me warmly. A much younger girl complimented me on my dress but tested me a little until I told her it was from the Pride collection. If I can keep it clean guess I will wear this dress most days as it seems to make people so happy. It is a very cheerful dress.

1 Like

So sorry to hear mr P. Sadly I know from experience what a hard no win choice that must have been given the unconditional love our four legged friends give us. Know that your pup is at peace and hold on to those good time and happy memories.

4 Likes

Thanks Mr. Met. I appreciate it.

1 Like

I know it’s a pretty controversial thing to say but I’m gonna risk it…

Summary

Happy Father’s Day.

4 Likes

I risked that on May 8th and today as well.

2 Likes

This made me laugh :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this sad news. I delighted in seeing his precious little face in some of your posts, and it always brought a smile! Although his years were short, I’m sure he lived the best dog life possible due to you and Mrs. P’s kind and loving attention. I imagine he also got some delectable morsels from time to time. Virtual hugs to you and Mrs. P. 🥲

4 Likes

Nice you wild and crazy guy. I was too skeered but I did think about posting that exact same thing. That counts right? Brave one.

1 Like

Missed that. Very courageous.

2 Likes

In the not about food section

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I have many favorite poets but Robert Hayden is one of my very favorite.

Those Winter Sundays
Sundays too my father got up early
and put his clothes on in the blueblack cold,
then with his cracked hands that ached
from labor in the weekday weather made
banked fires blaze. No one ever thanked him.
I’d wake and hear the cold splintering, breaking,
When the rooms were warm, he’d call
and slowly I would rise and dress,
fearing the chronic angers of that house,
Speaking indifferently to him
who had driven out the cold
and polished my good shoes as well.
What did I know, what did I know
of love’s austere and lonely offices?

3 Likes

Nov 10th, Nov 11th, and July 4th are my favorite days of the year. Looking forward to the Independence Day festivities and it’s build up. Woot woot. 🫡

1 Like

Thank you @Lambchop! That is very kind of you.
Yes, it is very tough losing Bulgari. It is like losing a family member. He was our furry little son. It’s especially tough on Mrs. P, since she spent most of the time with him (because I was working). I got to spend most of the evening with him, where he would lay in my lap while watching TV. Mrs. P would share her banana with him for breakfast and her apple with him for lunch. When she laid down on the couch to take a nap he would be laying on top of her giving her French kisses.
It is just so shocking how quickly he deteriorated within a couple of months. At least he s not suffering any more, and hopefully in a better place in doggie heaven.

9 Likes

It’s so hard to let a beloved pet go, but the gut wrenching decision to do so is the last act of ultimate kindness and love we can give our pet companions. :broken_heart: Thanks for sharing him with us.

7 Likes

Looks like another busy day all the way around from DC to LA. It sure doesn’t seem to be getting any easier. Tuesday… aka the second Monday of the week.

2 Likes

Gah. Was considering wishing everyone a happy summer solstice but I dunno. Cool and cloudy here but the orange day lilys are starting to bloom none the less. And the black raspberries are starting to slowly ripen. Cdc wanted to leave the first berries for the birds, he is so kind. I was like nuh uh. Had myself a night on the lidl fb last night trying to peel the trolls off of a hapless OP catching the beat down. Her crime? Mildly complaining about the lidl store closing eight minutes early when she needed one item. Two camps for once. The members who felt the store should not have closed eight minutes early were polite and sympathetic and the others well I did end up searching for an online exorcist. No dice. I kept telling the OP she had the option to close the comments. She did not. I was trying to be the observer until the poor mods eventually closed the comments and today took down the whole dumpster fire of a thread. I was well behaved but still got the generic warning notice when I tried to type something. No biggie and I posted good stuff. The mods are really hard working on that site. I did notice something. The nastiest commenters had the most cute avatars. One had a picture of snoopy hugging woodstock. People got trolled by Snoopy. Troll snoopy. Peanuts may never be the same for me but it does explain why cute can be a red flag for me. Doh.

1 Like

I decided to re-stuff the deck furniture cushions…personally. :man_facepalming:t3: I do this sort of thing to myself once every couple years. Masochist is a word you recently used. Apparently that’s me.

I had a 1:30 pm meeting with a group so I left the house at 11:30 am to go to…get this…Joanne’s Fabric. I traipsed in there and eventually bumped into the high density foam bins then after doing some quick math decided a few hundred yards should do the trick. Then I found out I needed something called batting. So I loaded up a third cart with that.

Then I saw the line of blue hairs all huddled up at the cutting station…I stood in line there only to find out I wasn’t actually in line. You have to enter your name in a computer at the far end of the cutting station which was the actual line. What’s with this high tech crap anyway?

After finally getting everything cut (and returning about 150 yards of foam back to the bin) I trekked to the check out queue where I was greeted with another convention of blue hairs. I don’t care about anyone’s grandchildren…I’ll pay for everyone’s stuff…just leave so I can leave too.

I texted my assistant to reschedule my 1:30.

I have a fort of foam by the door and I am on the deck with a bottle of gin. No glass needed.

PS - Sorry I was so rude for not replying to anything in your post…but it’s been a whopper of a day.

1 Like

No need to reply to my ramblings. I am delighted that you remembered and are using the word masochist. Not rude at all. Also happy that you read my dive bar post. I Really want to go to Tom’s now. I have convinced myself that a glug of straight alcohol right from the bottle is an excellent mood booster. Okay so I often swish the booze around like mouthwash. Probably oversharing there but what I really want to know is which brand of gin? All I have now is boardroom spirits ginger vodka but hey it got high ratings for flavored vodka. Around these parts from 10 til 2 pm is the senior hours, especially for driving. They are not stupid. Night driving is hard on them and the kiddies are tucked away at the community pool or a summer program so no crazed soccer moms and few school buses. Love how you paint a picture with your words. I have a fort of foam by the door and I am on the deck with a bottle of gin. No glass needed. With writing like that who needs a photo? Eventually I will figure out how to follow you. Masochists can be fun. Conan is a masochist and all it takes for it to get surreal is when this one song comes on my haunted car radio and we sing along. Conan was a choir boy and has a great voice. Mmmm have not had a whopper in years. https://my.mail.ru/mail/slasha56/video/15334/15335.html

1 Like