What’s on your mind?

I’m so embarrassed. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

raises hand. Not a cooking noob although I like hearing advice always. Constantly striving to be a better cook. I am a HO noob and still have not figured out this site very well. Got two very polite and nice warnings so far. The first time I was requested gently and not using this phrase to stfu about this one err topic. I stopped immediately of course. Then I referred to a member here by her handle on another sandbox. Oops. I deleted that post as soon as I got the warning. This site could take me awhile to learn. I seem to get the Lidl fb page the best. Great spirited and dynamic interactions. Big discussion about lasagna today er yesterday. I am accepted though I have no cell phone so no pics. Also I can be a bit long winded which irks some. The last time someone scolded me for my lengthy posts there a few stuck up for me, even a member I had crossed swords with in the past and a coupla lidl employees. They call it my lidl chronicles. It really helps that I mention gnomes. A lot.

3 Likes

NO WAY Alexa is entering in my house.

7 Likes

Fun fact: If your partner says “Alexa, turn on the radio,” and you say, “Alexa, don’t listen to him,” Alexa will not turn on the radio. And you will laugh and laugh, and your partner will chase you out of the kitchen.

11 Likes

Do you think Siri and Alexa are friends or mortal enemies?
Do they hang out and make fun of us while we’re sleeping? :sleeping:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Be nice and don’t swear. Pretty simple rules.

1 Like

I wonder how much of the conversations Alexa is recording?
Thank God she can’t record the texting.

2 Likes

I’m sorry - no swearing? I hope that’s a joke.

1 Like

Alexa is recording every conversation. The keyword “Alexa” (or you can program your own keyword if you prefer) is just for the user-interaction however the device itself is always “listening” which is how/why it can immediately respond when you say; “Alexa”!
(there was a court case of a husband who killed his wife, they had an argument beforehand which the police felt their Alexa had probably recorded. They subpoenaed Amazon to release the records, however that was the last I had heard of it, don’t know if Amazon every did or not)

Well…
While I’m not techie enough to directly answer that question, to my knowledge Alexa “could” very well know every text you send. Assuming you are sending text messages through your home network / internet then I do think that information can be accessed by any/al devices on that network. Again, not techie enough to say for sure, but I do believe that’s how it works.

1 Like

My own soft rules.
There’s a difference between a damn and telling someone to STFU.
Just common courtesy.

1 Like

Oh, of course. Thanks for clarifying, tho! I have a bit of a potty mouf.

3 Likes

DITTO ^^^that^^^.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

We speak the same language.

1 Like

Curseltongue

1 Like

Wait that acronym offended you? Not like I spelled it out. I guess I have a lot to learn here. The other site is delightfully salty. I did my tithe to society working in daycare and ran an after school program so I don’t swear much. Years and years of training. This mostly carries over to my posts but I am not perfect. I really do try to be nice but I often weigh in on the lidl fb page mostly to explain that that site is a community not a fan page.

And try not to derail threads too far. It doesn’t bother me much but it can be an irritant for others who either started the thread looking for a specific bit of advice or others who tune in, hoping for same.

1 Like

Oh, of course not - that’s Siri’s job.

Regarding this

I didn’t read it as him being offended by the acronym and your description of it. Instead, he was pointing out to another commenter that telling someone to STFU is an offense because it is swearing directed at another commenter.

While saying “my damned dog stole my son’s egg-cheese sandwich right off the table!” (true story - last week) is not particularly offensive.

In other situations, I’m pro salty language, just not here.
We’ve had a nonconfrontational attitude here forever.
Not Mr. Rogers, but not Andrew Dice Clay either.
But keep doing what you’re doing.
I’m not a moderator, just a participant.
Just remember, the mods are volunteers, not paid employees.
Carry on.

2 Likes

Ok thanks Clearly I have a lot to learn here. I guess I am clueless. Did not realize I was hijacking threads. #tail between legs slinks off