What’s on your mind?

Thanks. Looks like H has already moved on, and has ordered an electric bike, I suspected that he has wanted that a while. I’m slower and probably more nostalgic, still moaning.

4 Likes

Your EU ebike rules capping the wattage at 250w are silly. An unsolicited opinion from the wild west.
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Oh well that is good. Fast rebound for some. I am very nostalgic and need a bit of time to recover. Okay sometimes a lot of time.

2 Likes

That’s great that your hubby saw the door close and decided to crawl through the window. He found the silver lining in the situation.

3 Likes

You’re right if riding in the country side. A lot of ebikes are using the cycle paths next to pavement. Lots of accidents with electric scooter that runs at 40kph, now they’re also limited at 25kph. I believe faster ebikes need license and insurance like motorbike and you can’t use cycle path but normal roads.

Now, I’m wondering if ever we separate… is he the type to moan… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::sweat_smile:

We’re (legally)at 750 watts but as long as there are pedals the cops don’t know the difference.

The mayor of Paris has limited the speed for cars to 30km/h inside Paris since 2021!! (Before it was 50km/h). Argument is lesser pollution. So it will be strange to have ebikes running faster than cars…

2 Likes

Love your sense of humour @naf,
Oh then he’ll moan for sure because it will be a big loss for him. I’ve seen your dinner plates and it is true " a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach" (well one of the ways, which holds true for women too).
The stolen bike was a convenient trade up for him.
So no great loss.
It was an opportunity for him to get something that he really wanted.
He already has what he really wants - You !

2 Likes

Then it’s better he starts to cook more!!
:grin:

2 Likes

Some men didn’t graduate “girls school” so they haven’t figured out how grateful, so very grateful a wife will be if they cook dinner and clean up !
It would benefit them greatly if they learned that lesson and life skill.

2 Likes

Taken last week. Someone came home from a pool party at daycare all wet, hungry, and tired. He needs coaxed to get in his pool but apparently not at Barkingham. I blame it on peer pressure. I really need to monitor his friends. Next he will be shoplifting.

10 Likes

LOL, my cat doesn’t have peer pressure, he acts alone, I suspect he befriends drug dealers when he’s out. He always seem resourceful without explaination. :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m reading How To Taste and well came across this fun fact in the book:

3 Likes

Oh great. They are now asking for cookie dough ice cream for dinner. Thanks much. …:flushed:

1 Like

Wondering if perhaps Amazon sells purchase/r data to third parties?

I bought from Amazon a Mafter Bourgeat 12-inch CS skillet last week, then a few days later I got an email from America’s Test Kitchen saying “Save up to 28% on our favorite Matfer Bourgeat Kitchen Tools!”. I skimmed back through my deleted folder and all the ATK emails previous were either recipe teasers, cook book announcements, or pleas to renew my subscription membership.

Coincidence?

1 Like

Sometimes I believe Alexa is listening to us in our bedroom.

5 Likes

At least I don’t have that worry. I’m so far from being an “early adopter” of tech that I’m more like a Neanderthal.

Phil Hartman had a Saturday Night Live skit character that pretty well sums me up:

• I’m just an unfrozen caveman lawyer; your modern world frightens and confuses me.
2 Likes

Lol! When I say inappropriate things to Alexa she replies, “Brrrrrrrppppp.” :man_shrugging:t3:

I am perhaps sorry to say, nothing inappropriate.

We were discussing paint brands, and the next day my “curated news list” included one about paint brands. I’m willing to believe I did some paint search, but I don’t remember it.

1 Like