What’s on your mind?

Clever way to get out of making Burritos for us :joy:

2 Likes

Including growing the wheat for the tortillas.

2 Likes

Lololol … lol!

I’m slick like that.

2 Likes

I damn me.

Whew! I was just about to say please tell me there is something between frozen burritos and making your own tortillas! I don’t eat burritos, but everyone else in my house does. They seem to find plenty of local options in our Nor Cal suburb. Anyone tried just freezing those from your favorite taqueria, maybe vacuum sealed?

2 Likes

I was never a “Grammar Nazi” to other people, but I always had it down pat, “lie lay lain”, “lay laid laid” and what not.

But now that I’m older, I’ll look at an email I sent someone, and be horrified to find I’d written something like “they took there kids to school”.

Age?

(Alternative source: Beer/booze?)

2 Likes

I’m the same way, sometimes I may not be in a rush yet wish to be prepared just in case.

:blush: perhaps its age related.

1 Like

I vote booze.

1 Like

I personally think burritos are always a pressing issue.
But folks have different priorities.
Not really sure what could be more important :thinking:
but there you go.

2 Likes

One thing on my mind as I’ve pored over hundreds of threads here (in my massive experience of HO of just 2 weeks - LoL, so take w/ salt grain), is that everyone here is an expert at quite very many things. Which in many ways is really, really freaking impressive.

Still, where are all the noobs?

I kind of miss the CH experience of cooking noobs coming on and asking weird or elementary stuff and more experienced posters helping them out. Where did they all go after CH died?

It seems they haven’t found their way here.

1 Like

You’re so obviously correct that no evidence is needed. In fact, I vote booze - so often - that my wife objects and wants my franchise restricted, if not outright revoked.

Oh, well!

It just about kills me to type this as I am walking on eggshells atm. Let’s just say I had a rough entrance here but Soup Nazi was funny back in the day. Now I think we need to lose Nazi except in very specific references. This is so not like me but but but

1 Like

Heh. I always got along with the mods on chowhound, Jacqueline in particular. I did appreciate them as I used to frequent gamer sites and I have seen the awfulness of a very lightly modded site. I love my lidl fb community and I often pitch in if only to remind OPs that they have the option to close the thread to comments. They say help is the sunny side of control and these commenters are being “helpful” Pisses me off when I clearly state that I am exhausted and just need substance. Before they compulsively give unasked for advice they could at least read my post. Naw.

1 Like

Do you have disappearing drinking glasses? It’s only me here and I have no idea where they go. I’m guessing they’re partying with some socks.

8 Likes

I nearly spat my coffee out this morning when I read this - thanks for the laugh! Oh, the ever enduring mystery of missing socks. It is just a big black hole that exists in every household. (Strangely enough, I have one in my purse too!)

4 Likes

Aaaargh! My mood today!

509d4a0ed759f1211b89085819d04266

H’s bike got stolen outside the supermarket…That bike has an added attachment that hooked the shopping bag on wheel.

10 Likes

That is awful. Sorry that happened.

2 Likes

Yes.