What’s on your mind?

Yup on both. Be specific in your OP, and hopefully, you’ll get more info to your liking.

4 Likes

I am reminded of a thread I started ages ago on Chowhound in which I asked for instant ramen recommendations, because sometimes all I want to do is boil water and throw soup mix in a styrofoam cup. I got many helpful suggestions, and of course also the (seemingly inevitable) arguments that it was so easy! and takes no time at all! to make ramen from scratch.

Those people should be very grateful for Chowhound’s heavy-handed moderation, just sayin’.

2 Likes

That happened with my best frozen burrito thread too.
You’d think I’d committed a capital offense.
Sometimes all you want to do is push the microwave button.

3 Likes

Taco ’bout annoying.

4 Likes

I have never had a good frozen burrito. Did you get any good recommendations? I know I don’t like Amy’s or Trader Joe’s.

1 Like

We have a bear hanging around in the hood. I know some are used to this, but he sounds scary. I thought it was a mountain lion, but it was a bear. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

psss psss psss

I’m going to die trying to pet something, I know it.

3 Likes

No. I haven’t ever found a tasty one.
:slight_smile:

Too late to edit, so-
My conclusion was that the cheap ones were a better deal. The expensive ones tasted just as mediocre as the cheap ones, but at a cost of a couple more bucks per item.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will continue to make my own damn burritos, then.

2 Likes

They don’t take that long to make if you cheat and use some prepared ingredients.
The fastest one’s to make are bean and cheese burritos.
When I’m pressed for time then I skip the oven put the cheese inside the tortilla and grill it on a panini press.

I tend not to cheat with burritos. I make my own flour tortillas and guac and refried beans.

2 Likes

Wow. Excellent.

1 Like

It’s pretty cinchy. And they are A LOT better than store bought.

2 Likes

My premise at the time was that I was living 5 miles into the mountains and needed a freezer friendly late nite treat.
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That is awesome good for you and it is much more work that way yet so very rewarding.

It was just a suggestion because you were willing to go the frozen route.
Cheating and assembling will be way better than any frozen Burrito.

What about making extra of your own then freezing?

1 Like

I can make a completely homemade burrito in < 10 minutes. :smirk:

1 Like

I vote for making extra and sending them to us.

4 Likes

I second that idea !

1 Like

I think you mistook my casual question for something more pressing. I just like to know things, in case I need to at some point. I’m not looking to stock up on burritos at this time.

2 Likes