What’s on your mind?

I just watched its trailer and was surprised I hadn’t seen it. Thank you so much.

1 Like

@retrospek - so sorry to hear this, but I do hope you get into a less painful phase!

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy & let me know if you liked it @Respectfully_Declined.

1 Like

I’ll be 69 soon and I have the same assortment of ills and maladies.
I’ve decided retirement age should be 50, when one is young enough to enjoy it, instead of 65 when all hell breaks loose. :cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

:scream:

My company offered early retirement at 63, and it’s a good thing I took it because my job was eliminated by Covid a few months later.

5 Likes

I’ve got two weeks to go, although by retirement I mean not working for W-2s and 1099s.

4 Likes

Liking, except for that part.

Congratulations!

I assume the early retirement buyout was more valuable than what the severance would have been?

My retirement will likely come in the form of trying to limit my workdays from seven to three.

3 Likes

How to motivate myself to get back in the gym. :sweat_smile:
I was supposed to do meal planning today, but instead I went on a walk along the waterfront and watched the sun set. I feel happy with my choices.

4 Likes

That sounds wonderful! Good for you! I am so envious.

2 Likes

Yes it was. I worked at a big box electronics retailer and when Covid hit most of the full timers got whacked.

1 Like

Hmmm. My favorite William Dafoe movie is probably Boondocks Saints. Great fun movie.

I am getting the sense that I’m on the younger end of the age spectrum here. I’ve been very active most of my life. Was a high school athlete and in college. Once I started professional life, first thing I did was sign up for a gym. Being fit and strong was always a goal. Even when I was working 7 days a week as an associate, I had to try and find time to workout. Once the COVID shutdown started and my gyms closed, I bought a ton of workout equipment to keep training at home. But I just didn’t have enough room and there was no way to have room for all the weights. Despite feeling like I was becoming a cliche, I bought a peloton. Was probably one of the best things I did. I use it regularly. Was so great to be able to finish a day of work and just jump on it. My cardio is in better shape than it has been in 10 years. I primarily did weight workouts when I went to the gym. Dead lifts, squats, dumbbell presses and rows were my routine. With all the cardio, I’ve dropped 15 pounds during the pandemic. The flip side is that I’ve lost upper body mass. I used to do presses with 75 pound dumbbells in each hand. I haven’t picked up that much weight in one hand in a year and half and I don’t know if I could do it now. But I feel like I’m in better shape than I have been in a long time.

That’s how I try to keep the ravages of aging at bay. Also a long way from retirement. I’m not sure I could retire to a life of cards and golf.

5 Likes

Where did that come from?

Not too surprised at the surge of the Delta variant - just the nature of viruses. However, hoped to have a little reprieve! Did go to Seattle for an enjoyable escape, careful but not paranoid. Beautiful weather, lunch at The Athenian, in the market (1st time there!), picked up some flowers and produce in the market, afterwards. Oh, despite the name, no Greek food at The Athenian! I had fish & chips. Sorry, no food pic, but flowers.

10 Likes

Arrived yesterday evening on the Alicantine Coast to spend a few days relaxing … It is my inlaws anniversary.

Then, we can head north to Barcelona next week.

5 Likes

Freedom at last! I was stuck with an article for a website. Finished it just an hour ago. What a relief!

6 Likes

Apple pie hot dogs!

4 Likes

You’re not getting me back to Iowa that easily. I escaped fair and square!

6 Likes

Loved Seattle when I visited back in 2001 or so. I brought 3 days of beautiful sunshine when I visited my friend and her family there. Clouds came in the day I left.

Loved Pike Place Market too. Glad you had a good visit.

2 Likes