What’s on your mind?

LOL, yes, I have standards to uphold!

1 Like

Major heatwave up here in the upper left hand corner of the US! It’s just now cooled off to 99 degrees F on our deck. It feels like a warm blanket when I open the door. Humidity not bad though, and we’re managing to stay comfortable. May go out after dark, and enjoy the night without having to wear a coat, which is usual, when the sun goes down. Am enjoying it for what it is, and bracing for tomorrow, which forecasts increasing heat…hopefully no fires.

3 Likes

…and the power went out across the valley last night.
So sitting in the dark with no cooling.
Good times here in the apocalypse.

7 Likes

Ugh. Condolences. It’s “only” 90 here in NYC.

Unreal yet all too real. Blargh. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Welcome to hurricane season up and down the coast and it can last weeks.

1 Like

Just read an article that Mallorca got hit with The Delta Variant from a large group of British Students.

So, The President re-installed the Regulations of a P.C.R. Test a must and a Vaccine Certificate for both dosis to enter Spain from The U.K.

This was a true error on part of the The Health Ministers and The President, allowing any foreigners into Spain without a P.C.R. & a Double Vaccine Certificate.

It is not over ! So be careful and be wise …

2 Likes

Oh my, 60 here on the coast. I think my little coastal village is full. I know the campground is full, forgot to check the motels.

1 Like

Oh yikes @bbqboy! I was tracking the temp there yesterday and last night, but unaware of the power outage! That makes things challenging for sure. I’m at 106 here, and it’s oppressive outside, but bearable indoors, due to portable A/C unit and all blinds and shutters closed. I think it’s time for an adult beverage on ice. :sunglasses::tropical_drink:Hope you soldier through, but with power.

3 Likes

I’m just seeing this thread today, and this video made me smile from ear to ear! First off, the way it starts - I’m thinking “it’s just a windowsill…” but then the pan up to the bear absolutely delighted me - including the flopdown to its back, checking out its manicure. Love it! And much needed today. :heart:

2 Likes

One assistant is curled up beside me, but as you see - always on the alert!

What a week, eh? Time to relax with a book.

A portion of a sonnet by Pablo Neruda.

My dear, this meadow where we find ourselves,
A little infinity, we must give back.
But Love, this love has not ended.

Just as it had no birth, it has
no death: it is a long river,
only changing lands, and changing lips.

6 Likes

Unwinding with a Willem Dafoe film. What a gift he is to the acting world! Before that, good dinner, with wine. Life is good!

2 Likes

Which one? I’m a Dafoe fan too. I’d like to see Live and Die in LA again but I can’t seem to find it.

3 Likes

What’s on my mind….

I long for the time when the excuse for bad service, poor execution, or a variety of other problems was not a stock answer: COVID. :joy:

3 Likes

I have a friend in the restaurant business and he has a hard time getting help. He says people would rather sit on their asses for 12 bucks an hour than work for 15.

1 Like

@Respectfully_Declined, it was The Hunter - set and filmed in Tasmania. Not the best plot, but worth a watch, with really beautiful scenery. Will have to look for the one you mentioned above.

2 Likes

Quick in and out at grocery today between curbside pickups. I find the number of people without masks very disturbing. Too much, too early, too soon. Just because something is allowed doesn’t mean it’s smart.

2 Likes

I’m advanced in years - never contemplated being this age and having so many health issues. Trouble walking, sleeping, having appetite for eating much of anything. Time is short. That’s what is on my mind.

7 Likes

Aches and pains. At 30 things starting hurting when you go to bed. At 40 they hurt when you get up in the morning. At 50 they just hurt. Things go downhill at 60. 70 scares the bejeepers out of me. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

5 Likes

70 is on the near horizon, and sadly I didn’t come with a user manual.

4 Likes