What’s on your mind?

Art for art’s sake :slight_smile:

“Because we are better with food than we are with words.”

Umm, no chef. You’re not really good with either. But the initial drawing of a man on a horse is apropos in the “food” you served - you are Don Quixote, tilting at windmills. And missing the mark by a very wide margin.

I just burned 120 calories from rolling my eyes.

2 Likes

Genuine question here…what all did the Better.com CEO do? I only know he notified 900 employees they were being let go via a Zoom call. Looking for a Reader’s Digest version.

Re the Bros review, just realize that there is a “hella” lot more food experience and certainly taste here on HO than there is on a lot of celebrated blogs. I’m not even going to go to the prose of author Geraldine DeRuiter or her experience (or not) with this kind of experimental food. But her vitriol is undeniable. Either know before you go or suck up your bad booking choice.

2 Likes

Yes, but her review was a fine piece of writing, which I found purely entertaining, and caused me to literally LOL a couple times, as overused as that expression is. And the pics that accompanied said it all as well. How effing pretentious of Bros - if your body needs fuel, insubstantial edible art will not cut it. Also didn’t get the idea the molecules they were served were even that tasty…

1 Like

I thought it was a great piece, and her vitriol is more than understandable. She notes that she saw lots of reviews and pictures online that led her to believe she would be well-fed. Or at least fed, period.

3 Likes

I had a dream last night starring Will Smith. :flushed:
No alcohol was involved; but there will be today.

Fresh Prince or Men in Black :black_heart: era?

3 Likes

He and I were discussing astronomy but he was upset. His mom and sister were in the dream too.

:man_shrugging:t3: I got nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure a dream interpretation site couldn’t handle that one either. :wink: Although you had two forms of “stars” in the dream with Will Smith and astronomy.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy:

I love dreams. I went through a decade or so drought where I never remembered dreams. Now that they’re back I’ve cancelled AppleTV and Netflix.

2 Likes

Haha :joy_cat::rofl: - the mind does entertain, no?

2 Likes

I woke up out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night. Grabbed my phone and ordered 2.3 pounds of 48 month aged Parmigiano reggiano.

5 Likes

Haha

Last year (deep in the isolation-driven self indulgence of the pandemic) we got vacche rosse Parm along with one or two other kinds to compare (and assorted other things - because once you’re ordering from Italy, might as well load it up :rofl:).

Funny thing, we all mocked my sib about it, but all but one of the family could clearly tell the difference among the cheeses. (Nephews would dig in the fridge & freezer for the VR… so the rest of us had to finish the others…).

And there was a reorder, of course - but only of one kind then :joy: A couple of kg goes fast with a family of 5 eating all meals at home, plus sharing with neighbors and friends who came to socialize over meals outdoors!

3 Likes

1 Like

After reading the domestic news I’ve concluded that public transit is merely a method of efficiently distributing crime throughout a metropolitan area.

Don’t the crims just steal cars to get round the area?

It’s on my mind having taken delivery this afternoon of my new Skoda Karoq.

Your car is probably safe.

I have a lifetime of owning cars with no street cred. My first one was a Hillman Imp. Then I had nearly ten years when I didnt own a car. Then I needed one, so bought an NSU Prinz which I only had for a few months. Others have been there in the intervening years till ten years ago when I bought the Skoda Octavia, which I’ve just part exchanged in the deal for the Karoq. I suspect that, if I get ten years out of this one, it’ll probably be the last car I own for entirely personal use, so reliability is a key factor and Skodas are nothing if not reliable.

1 Like