What’s on your mind?

Don’t use any of the three but it’s been on the UK new channels for two to three hours apparently

1 Like

@Barca - pls note; maybe you can find more detailed info in U.K. news.

Report on the BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58793174

1 Like

They have alot of problems with the European Union in court, for non-respecting intellectual property rights … The E.U. has won several key points in this long drawn out case … Many other large companies as well as Humanitarian Groups have joined together and are legally fighting Facebk. They are despictable …

As stated, I only have a professional page on F.B.

I do use Telegram for long distance calls to Madrid, Italy and Lisbon. And very quick messages if absolutely necessary.

Wow ! it hit the U.K. news …

Have to see the News … I am sure it will be on tonite.

Unlikely related. All three went down shortly before noon eastern.

Facebook](https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/FB), Instagram and WhatsApp are offline.

The websites and apps for all of the services were responding with server errors. Reports on DownDetector.com showed the outages appear to be widespread, but it’s unclear if it impacts all users or just some locations. It’s not currently known what’s causing the outage.

All three platforms stopped working shortly before noon ET.

“We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products,” a spokesperson said. “We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”

1 Like

Thank you … Appreciate the time and the link … I read this article that the woman reported on The Guardian this morning !!!

I shall continue reading now …

Have a nice evening.

Yes, we also have Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram here. So, perhaps not really a surprise that our news channels report it’s gone down.

4 Likes

Yeah, I went to try and log on to FB around 12:30 p.m. EDT in New England, and couldn’t get on via my work desktop OR my phone app. Still down now at 2:20 p.m. EDT. Considering the whistleblower story aired on 60 Minutes last night about how they’ve been dealing with hate speech and misinformation on its platform, Zuckerberg is in the middle of his own very very very very bad week.

4 Likes

Down at 15.45 and still down in Spain …

Well, unfortunately for those of us who use this vehicle for “professional purposes”, however the philosophy of greed, cyber bullying for adverts and as you mentioned his wonderful deeds (being sarcastic) – he is paying karma.

1 Like

This is an interesting issue going on with FB: “… experts said on Twitter that it appeared to be a problem with the company’s domain-name system, or DNS.”

So the employees can’t do Email, internal tools are broken…Yup. Bang-up day in Menlo Park, CA.

2 Likes

Or he’s telling the world Eff You I can do whatever I want. But I’d imagine his investors and BOD wouldn’t much like that.

1 Like

Yes, I read this on Twitter - It is the Domain Name and also a virus bug ! It is in detail on the post of Harters. There are 2 articles – it is the 2nd one.

Exemplary read. Thank you for posting.

In and out of courtrooms.

Twitter is having great fun with this. And the Mr. Bean video posted is hysterical.

4 Likes

Yes, definitely …

I have Facebook but never installed their apps on my mobile phone. They need access to literally everything on the phone to install it, and I decided that Facebook is not that worth for me. So I’ll never install it. I’ll use it on browser only.

2 Likes

I never installed F.B. on my cell tablet - mobile and do not have Whats App or Instagram. I use my desk top computer most of the time or my lap top unless travelling and then I use the hotel computer.

I use Telegram - but infrequently. When necessary.

My Facebk is my Professional Page, and never anything personal and no photographs of my family or me. Business photographs only.

I hope I get the job at the AMC theater, so I can hopefully watch movies early.

1 Like

Lots of luck.

Do you know what’ a 1000x better than Instagram?