What’s on your mind?

Will be go back to see it from below, it seems even more dramatic beneath it. Yesterday, the security guards refused to let me into the tunnel leading to the monument because I had a helmet in my hand. Personally, I like the daylight more. The effect of day and night time are very different. Day with sunlight, the shadows are hard which creates a lot of contrasts and the shiny appearance of the fabric makes it more dramatic. At night, the lines are softer, it resembles more the artist’s drawings.

More negative reaction than positive from the locals, including a waste of resources and public money (which is false, the project is entirely funded by the artists). Christo has wrapped the bridge Pont Neuf in 1985, so it wasn’t new to certain. It was a dream of 60 years to realize this project. Unfortuantely both artists passed away and this is their last project.

8 Likes

Very interesting info.

1 Like

Thank you. Shall read the article … I am truly sorry to hear that the two artists had passed away.

Was it due to Covid ?

Have a lovely evening.

Reason: ART!

Thanks for sharing! It looks fantastic.

Like @small_h I vividly remember The Gates in Central Park.

I also remember not “getting” what the fuss was all about - until I went into the park and was enveloped by the installation and the feelings it evoked. Amazing.

(I missed Christo’s passing last year. Going back to read the articles now about all the couples works.)

3 Likes

Jeanne-Claude died in 2009. Christo died in 2020, aged 84, with no cause of death given.

(Source: Wikipedia)

3 Likes

Thank you.

Yes, it was! Thank you @naf . Of course I ended up in a “Running Fence” rabbit hole.

3 Likes

There’s a movie. It’s good.

The part I remember best (and it’s been a good 35 years since I’ve seen it) was an interview with a rancher whose land housed part of the fence. He said he was skeptical at first, but he grew to like it so much that sometimes he went out and slept next to it.

6 Likes

I have a little swatch of gate. Not sure where I got it - maybe Amex was a sponsor and they sent them to all NYC cardholders?

Imgur

3 Likes

Yes! I saw that!

gasp

Did you find it to stream? I’d love to see it again.

No, I read that . Maybe that’s what I should have written. :grin: Now I wil have to look.

I looked at my “history” to see where I read the story (I travel down many a rabbit hole) and stumbled on this. I have no idea when this is from.

ETA This is where I read about it.

1 Like

Now that you said that, I realized I have one too… I just don’t now where I put it…

3 Likes

Watching bottle shock again . The wine that changed California and the world . I have been to Chateau Montelena and saw the bottle of Chardonnay that changed California wines .

1 Like

Watching it! Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Heard a toast the other day I love! Had a long virtual happy hour with an old friend, and we toasted: May all your joy be pure joy, and may all your pain be champagne! However, we were drinking still wine… but it worked!

7 Likes

Cool toast …

Facebook, Instagram & What´s App ? NOT functioning and DNS Server are down …

I have a Professional Page only on Facebook and do NOT use the other two mentioned.

Has anyone had same problem today ( 19.00 in Spain ) …

1 Like

I don’t use any of the three but it’s been in the news for about an hour.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/tech/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-outage/index.html