What’s on your mind?

I am sorry to hear about your pup Lloyd–he’s a handsome boy. I’ve always had cats (too lazy for the work required by dogs). I have been very lucky: my first cat I had as an adult lived to 21; the two sister cats I took off the street as kittens were also nearing 20 and I had to put the last one down just about this time last year. It is a very difficult decision, but it is about quality of life. You do what you can (in my case, giving meds to an animal with sharp claws) but, at least for me, watching an animal suffer was just too much. And I have always said, no cat is thinking “just let me hold on until I see my son married or my first grandchild,” etc, they just know they’re in pain.

Hopefully you have a good vet who can understand the quality of life your pet can expect and guide your decision accordingly. Whatever you ultimately decide I hope you, your family and the pup peace.

6 Likes

Our Australian Shepherd, Heeler mix had tumors. We had them removed twice, the third time they were inoperable. We kept her comfortable until the end.

6 Likes

My girlfriend recently purchased this olive green dress. It is a solid color, duster length and top portion is like a turtle neck. She had no necklaces that seem to properly accessorize her new dress. With Christmas around the corner, I started poking around on various on-line auctions and found this Mother of Pearl, coral and jade necklace (I think it should be perfect for her new dress). The seller said it was “vintage” and my girlfriend loves older antique and vintage jewelry, so that is a plus, as well.

Now I just need to find a pair of mother of pearl earrings and my Christmas shopping will be done!!

4 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

@Desert-Dan :
I was going to stick this on your other thread comment but decided this was safer :smiley:

Yes… I was watching the game, yesterday when they were talking about “The Fonz”.
“Happy Days” was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid!!
And we got that iconic phrase “Jump the shark” when a TV show has run its course.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1669051171755
Speak of the devil :smiling_imp:

I don’t recognize a single person in this picture.

1 Like

You are serious?
Cool :sunglasses:
I sometimes wish I could be divorced from 70 years of TV and pop culture.
A quiz: Who is missing from this Thanksgiving feast that were characters in these shows?

I didn’t grow up in the US, which is probably why. I have a pretty good handle on most pop culture, even back into the 50s, but I am drawing a complete blank here.

That’s not a bad thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction. Three comedies from the early 60’s to the early 70’s. BH premiered in '62. I couldn’t tell ya who’s missing though.

https://youtu.be/NwzaxUF0k18

https://youtu.be/umS3XM3xAPk

By my calculations, Mrs. Drysdale, Mr. Haney, and Kate.

Charley and Floyd too.

1 Like

Who is missing?

2 Likes

I love Arnold. He has a pretty good FB page.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to leave that alone.

1 Like

Arnold was the center of the table last year. This year was the turkey’s turn.

2 Likes

Just seeing your post about your beloved pup now.

FWIW, we adopted my late mother’s senior dog without knowing the sweet girl had cancer (hemangiosarcoma). We did know that the dog had an obvious skin condition, which responded very well to a few courses of steroids throughout the year that we cared for her. So we were inadvertently providing palliative care through the steroids—which also increased her appetite. Short story is that we had a lot of good days together. It wasn’t until nearly the end of her life at 14 and a half that we learned about the cancer. Turned out those steroids, in that dog’s case, gave her a well-deserved victory lap.

Sending good thoughts your way.

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1669161701633

2 Likes