What’s on your mind?

Lol - you can thank your lucky stars you don’t live in Utah today, because you would NOT be able to buy wine due to Election Day! They used to close the state stores for Arbor Day too. :joy:

5 Likes

I was talking about Paco Rabanne men’s cologne from almost 50 years ago :slightly_smiling_face: I haven’t smelled it since, so I don’t know if it has changed since then.

1 Like

Do not even get me started on colognes that have gone out of production. I used to wear KL Homme and my girlfriend really liked it
It is the only cologne i have ever worn where i would get on an elevator and women would ask what i was wearing. And you can not buy it now.

1 Like

Harrowing and well done. Must admit this story takes me back to another time, as I can’t recall having to vote in person in more than twenty-five years. In fact, come to think of it, in my circle of family and friends I’d be hard pressed to think of a single individual that has voted in person in the past two decades.

1 Like

That’s what I figured, wasn’t sure if the two fragrances overlapped in any way. Like the men’s version of a fragrance has some of the same base notes, but is tweaked to have a masculine aroma about it or vice versa.

I like to vote in person . How else are you going to get the .I voted sticker.lol

2 Likes

Woah. Sorry man (and/or enjoy!). 80°F here today in the US Southeast (cooler tomorrow).

And the free pen!

I took 4 :grimacing:

Evidence of fraud!

1 Like

Not at MY poll!

But I discreetly threw away pens left behind.

1 Like

Leo Anthony Gallagher, Jr. - R.I.P.

Leo Anthony Gallagher, Jr., a comedian better known as just “Gallagher” and known for using his “Sledge-O-Matic” to smash watermelons and other foods into the audience dies in hospice in California at age 76. Apparently he’d been ill for quite some time.

Short clip from one of his performances.

And some observations on the English language (or American language, if those of you in CA and Oz prefer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfz3kFNVopk

RIP, Kevin Conroy. This is such a bummer.

2 Likes

Found out my 12 year old mongrel pup (lab mom, beagle dad) has what is most likely a cancerous mass in his snout/sinuses area.

The vet says “let’s just treat him palliatively, steroids to reduce inflammation, an appetite stimulant to see if we can get him eating” (he was 40 lbs, now about 30, in just 2 weeks).

I’m inclined to agree. But the vet also pointed out that there are canine oncologists in the area who’d be happy to start him on chemo or radiation therapy or both.

I’m a bit torn. I’ve got 4 kids (mostly of adult age now, 18-23) who dearly love this pup. The vet thinks chances of actually healing to remission are poor. What I’m reading from google searches seems to confirm this.

So maybe the best bet is to make him as comfortable as we can, for as long as we can, but otherwise pretend the cancer doesn’t exist.

Anyone else had experiences of pet cancers?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Sorry for a bummer type post.

Pup in question is the darker one, on the left. His brother (littermate, but obvs different dads - his was a Springer, is on the right).

3 Likes

Awww. :frowning: I had a guinea pig with an abdominal mass, but I didn’t explore options.

3 Likes

My goat will be here In two to three weeks. Harvested at around 65 to 70 pounds . Northern CA . Packed and wrapped head to toe .
Thinking of the album .
Rolling stones .Goats head soup .
A chef lives two doors down . His eyes opened when mentioned to him .
135 .00 dollars . I think its a bargain

1 Like

Wow! Talk about thread drift! But that does sound like a good desl.

Yep .I tend to go off the the deep end now and then. Lol.

I do not know about canine cancer treatments but i know how painful looking at the probable early loss of a pet can be.
You and your adult children have my best wishes and sympathy!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your pup. I think everyone who’s had/has pets has had to deal with pet cancer - it seems that’s the cause of their demise these days more so than old age.

Our late cat was diagnosed with “IBS or lymphoma” halfway through his life, and did very well on steroid shots every 6, then every 3 months. In the end, it turned out it was lymphoma, and the shots didn’t help much anymore. He was 14, which isn’t terribly old for a cat, but we would have absolutely never ever EVER put him through chemo or other cancer treatments.

As much as we love our pets and want them to live forever, it is helpful to keep in mind that it is not so much about us as it is about them - their comfort level and quality of life.

I’ve seen people put their poor pups through the ringer for almost half a year, trying treatment after treatment where the dogs would spend several days at the vet & undergoing procedures just to extend their lifetime … essentially & exclusively for their owners’ peace of mind. I don’t care how much money one has - no pet should go through that just because you are unable to let go.

In the end, of course, the decision is up to you.

7 Likes