What’s on your mind?

If you think 5’ wingspan bat is impressive, you should see a couple hundred thousand of them wake up at dusk and fly from their island over your boat and descend on the “mainland” fruit trees.
:astonished:
They used to have 4 day/3 night boat trips from Gili Trawangan to Labuhan Bajo (Indonesia) and if your skipper was good he would hit Satonda Island at the perfect time for this nightly show.

3 Likes

I visited Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico many years ago, and while the bats there are much smaller, there are a million of them. Watching them cyclone out of the cave where they spend the day is something to see.

3 Likes

She is finally gone after eight months . Going through the eviction process. All the work I put into the inside of the cabin is destroyed.
How could somebody live like that . The dirtiest of dirt . Have to replace counter top , kitchen sink, blinds , remove paint from the stove hearth and stove Bath vanity,sink , toilet , shower stall . Every inch will be polished .If you ever think about being a landlord. DON’T TTTT. !!! . Get property management and a damn good attorney for the rental agreement.
It was the price I paid for being nice.
I’ll bring the cabin back to be even more beautiful.
After eight months it’s over .
Am I having a glass of wine . You betcha :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::clap::person_cartwheeling::wine_glass:

9 Likes

I’m happy for you this drawn out process has come to an end!! What was her deal do you think? Anyway I’m glad you prevailed, but sorry about all the damage. Looks like a nice mountain cabin.

Deal . Psycho path on drugs

Ugh, my sincere condolences, really hard to imagine people being so destructive, but it does happen, sadly. Please keep us posted on re-habbing the cabin.

Absolutely. The cabin will be a gem when finished.

2 Likes

Argh. Glad its over for you. I’ve had relatives, including my parents do that, and it’s not for me.

Growing up, we had a woman in a domestic violence situation renting a floor in our home in Queens , although I didn’t realize it at the time.

3 Likes

The thing is that many people who destroy others’ property don’t even leave a scratch mark on their own things. For them it’s a relief that it’s not their own, and happy that they can be destructive.
Congratulations you got your property back.

2 Likes

There was a pineapple this morning. Not ripe enough but picked it to save from animals.

9 Likes
1 Like

Angela Lansbury! RIP. So many of my favorites, especially Gaslight, Manchurian Candidate, and of Course “Murder She Wrote”. Watching “Please Murder Me”.

5 Likes

When I told my mom (she’ll be 94 in Dec), the first thing she mentioned was “Gaslight” and she was also a big fan of “Murder She Wrote.” My mind immediately went to “Bedknobs and Broomsticks,” which is the first movie I remember her taking me to. Funny, I was apparently 7 when it came out, but I can still see the bed flying through the air with Angela and the kids.

3 Likes

I couldn’t for the life of me figure out the name of that movie, as I was also pretty young when it came out, but the flying bed was memorable. Probably too much singing in it for me these days, but kids are resilient :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t say I even remember any of the songs. But I did have a pretty neat Colorforms of the movie. (The things we found fun back in the stone age . . . probably staged a scene while waiting for my Easy Bake oven cake to finish :dancing_women:

1 Like

And let’s not forget Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Potts in Beauty and the Beast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=afzmwAKUppU

4 Likes

Hopefully gifted from NYT

3 Likes

Also about food… kinda

3 Likes

I know some people had a problem with this thread, but I had a lot of good times here. The two most prolific posters are long gone. Doubt they’ll be back and this thread is just not the same without them. Sorely missed they are. Well, you win some, you lose some. And that makes me sad.

2 Likes