What’s on your mind?

I have made it through 3 1/2 minutes of the bachelorette last week . Tonight, less than one minute . I confess. It’s like trying to see if your tongue will stick to that frozen pole .

3 Likes

Thanks SW! I will pass it along to her!

1 Like

A new form of self-flagellation?

5 Likes

I like trash TV but the bachelorette is a bridge too far.
:smiley:

1 Like

Hard to believe those kind of shows last as long as they do.

I must be a lardass. My wife’s CRV has a TPMS light that only pops on when I’m seated in the passenger side, never when I’m driving.

I can understand the first two, but #3 is a sin.

Today I learned about the HVAC blower motor resistor.

If your automobile’s HVAC blower simply stops working (my case), or will only blow on full fan power, this part, the

• HVAC blower motor resistor

is the likely culprit.

I made a run to a daughter’s college apartment driving my wife’s 11 year old Ford Expedition, stopped at a grocery near home on the way back and when I came out, the AC was mysteriously a dead stick. Shame, given it’s 90+ °F out. No fan at all, whether with AC on or off, sent to vent on, heat, etc.

I spent hours online looking for solutions but all searches including AC or climate control or the like, were clips about how to check the compressor, check the coolant pressure, how to jump a bad feedback stop switch that regulates the compressor, etc. I was set to pull out and jump every fuse in both compartments labeled as anything to do with fans or climate control when I gave google one more try.

This time I searched vent fan failure and hit this guy’s helpful video.

I didn’t even know this widget existed. When I reached for the wiring tab, it got jostled and the fan came back on and has been working since, but it will fail again (generally it seems the failure is because one or more of the connection tabs get scorched). I had planned to order one from Amazon until I noticed they all had an ALF(*) of well over 10% and some close to 20%, so I’m looking for OEM distributors now that don’t want to [Bowdlerized text] me. The parts on Amazon are selling for $26-$30, and the Ford dealers selling the OEM part want $143 (!damn!).

(*) ALF is my conceit for what I call the “Amazon Lemon Factor”. This is when a product having a decent number of reviews has a combined percentage of 1- and 2-star reviews approaching 10%. (Alternatively, if the 4- and 5-stars combined aren’t at least 80%, which is still a pretty low bar.)

2 Likes

Similar problem on my 1998 ranger stepside. Googled. YouTubed. Got the part on Amazon.

Blower resistor was in the firewall, but pulled it with just minimal difficulty. Not protected from the wet, so the wiring and connections were pretty rusted/toast. My replacement part wiring/connectors not exactly same, so back to Amazon for wire connectors. It was a fun basic project, and got the fan running perfectly.

1 Like

Had a similar issue with an 08 Nissan Titan. Blowers worked, but I couldn’t switch from cold to hot and vice versa. It turned out to be the air mixer, and I had to rip the whole flippin’ dash off to get at it. Those goofy plastic tools you have to use are a pain.

1 Like

I just learned this . On the side of the aluminum foil package. There is a perferated circle to be punched in on each side to keep the foil from coming out of the box.

6 Likes

Watching the movie McLintock! with John Wayne, Maureen O’Hara & Yvonne DeCarlo. The word ”unprepossessing” still cracks me up.

4 Likes

Dengue. 87000 platelets.

3 Likes

You have it? Dengue is no joke.

2 Likes

context

noun
con·​text | \ ˈkän-ˌtekst

1 : the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning

An often elusive concept for posters seeking recommendations

Dayum. Hopefully it’s a fast course for you. Sorry, Man. My old school lab knowledge (decades old) says under 100K is not good. Please let us know how the course improves?

1 Like

Rough stuff - hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

I’m at a loss for words. Best wishes heading your way!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, means a lot, honestly.
Platelet count is 63000 now. Still no vomiting or blood coming out. Fully conscious as normal.

6 Likes

Hope it’s all up from here on out, pal.

2 Likes