What’s on your mind?

Indeed it seems to be - totally unappealing IMO.

2 Likes

Must be an Aramark thing. This year at the Phillies stadium they introduced a peanut butter and jelly burger. I couldn’t find a good picture, but it sounds awful. At least it’s a pepper jelly and not a fruit-based one.

1 Like

The word Demurrage - Maybe some of you (like myself) have probably never heard this word. All this talk of high prices etc. These companies are the real bandits/culprits. It’s complicated.

https://www.freightright.com/kb/demurrage

1 Like

When I was in 1st and 2nd grade, I went to a school where we ate at tables with a mixture of 1st through 6th. The youngest boy was sent to the hatch to refill things. On sandwich day, a rarity, while I was at the hatch, my sandwich got eaten. So I invented a slice of white bread with mayonnaise, mustard, American cheese, and bologna and a slice of wheat with peanut butter and jelly, all with pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes in the middle. No one took it, and I grew to like it.

2 Likes

Two things I will never ever do again. First time for both.

Sniff freshly grated horseradish.
Sneeze with a lungful of smoke.

In the same night but not at the same time of course.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What was she like?

No wonder especially that horse radish is used as a substitute for wasabi. Once I ate an overdose of wasabi, like the size of a paracetamol tablet, and no words to say how it burnt the whole of my head. Lol.

3 Likes

Who?

My mom (now 93) did not grow up in an environment with much “ethnic” cuisine. About 10 or so years ago she discovered she loved poke. She was unaware of what the “green stuff” on the plate was and, being her usual bold taster, proceeded to “try” a spoonful. Poor mom :fire: She’s a big fan of horseradish, but has learned that a little wasabi goes a long way.

2 Likes

The very first time my sister tried sushi, she proceeded to put a teaspoon of wasabi in her mouth before my mother and I could warn her. She now “hates sushi,” although it could also be the idea of eating raw fish.

I sometimes can’t believe we’re related.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have three sisters and I often marvel at the fact that we were all raised in the same household by the same parents.

Mom’s a trooper–the wasabi incident didn’t dampen her enthusiasm. Then again, she has always had an assortment of hot sauces and a fondness for horseradish, so she’s certainly not heat averse (just more sparing with the green stuff).

1 Like

Well, we didn’t grow up together. My parents divorced when we were 2/7, and I ended up living with our mother, while my sister lived with our dad. My mother was def more adventurous & also more high-brow in her food tastes, but my dad could obliterate a chicken leg to its bare bones. Ick. I’m not fond of cartilage. He was a war child.

We were 4 girls born within 7 years of each other. Mom and dad were both children of the depression, so there were some interesting food choices and no food was wasted.

3 Likes

I almost hit a bear between Radisson and Winter a few weeks ago. Had that teen look in his eye. Muchos osos in dah nortwoods.

I love the glimpse you got. Great when you can see the animals “let their hair down.”

2 Likes

I understand life is like a No. 2 pencil.

Use it and it sometimes gets lost.
It has an eraser to correct mistakes.
It has lead so you can make your mark.
And some like to appear sharp but it may only be that they’ve done nothing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Iconic voice. RIP

1 Like

Yellowjackets. Aggressive little buggers. I’m trying to re-plank my fence gates and one kept coming at me, ramming me in the head etc. I’d move several feet away and it’d go off to wherever it was when it wasn’t attacking me. Then I’d start working on the gate again and it’d be back dive-bombing my head.

I never even got a look at it. I only found out it was a yellowjacket after it got down the back of my shirt and stung me 3 times, whereupon I trapped it by pulling my shirt tight (my shoulders are bad and I’m not flexible enough to reach where it was to smash it, but I had it immobilized).

Vicious little buggers.

I’ll say.

Welp, back to the fence work. Hope none of her sisters are about.

2 Likes

Edit - dang, just got hit again. This one through my shirt sleeve right into my delt. Time for a water break, I guess. I got about 40 minutes work done, backing off when they showed up (multiple sisters this time) and then going back to work as they moved away. But this last time I didn’t get a chance to move away, it was just ZZZT!-LAND-STING!

I might have to go search out the colony and kill it.

1 Like

Death to the infidels!

1 Like