What’s on your mind?

Pass the popcorn

5 Likes

No, I was saying goodbye to Audrey as she leaves WFD since we’re too cutesy for her. I do wonder who in her “mind” is the “best female cook”.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This was most definitely an issue on CH people complaining about adverbs and adjectives used to describe food.
And which phrases absolutely drove them up the wall.
Although one might want to be mindful of other people’s triggers it is also difficult for the poster who might feel like they are walking on eggshells.

Not being able to find the April Whats for Dinner is what’s on my mind. WFD is a favorite of mine.

2 Likes

Here you go!

1 Like

While I might not use “sammie”, I do use ‘chickie boobie’ on occasion. I also use “Frankenchicken breast” - because that in and of itself describes the monster-sized BISO chicken that is often sold in supermarkets nowadays.

But when others use sammie, seester, or scramblie, I read it - and I move on. I don’t bitch to the private group’s owner/mod that others are not using proper words and request that the owner/mod make them change their phrasing. That’s rather Veruca Salt foot-stomping of that person, don’t you think? “Daddy, I want it NOW!” :::foot stomp:::

5 Likes

I read the B☆☆b☆☆ censorship thread.
On CH, it was discouraged to work things out on our own but rather flag a mod because your interaction may be considered as a personal attack.

Thank you. I was able to find it using your link but the topic no longer shows up on my main page. I can get to it by going down the list of discussions at the top of the page. I have 79 unreads.
All I can think of is that while I’m a faithful reader of WFD I’m not a big poster so it doesn’t automatically show up.

1 Like

Maybe bookmark the links when you find them? (Second image)

Will give that a try. Thanks again.

I am of the thought that when addressing another member if the comment is not about the topic of their post then it is likely personal and should be carefully proofread and/or just avoided.

That’s my 2 cents worth and likely not worth it.

1 Like

@carolina1, Try changing your settings at the bottom of the topic thread.

The white bell from normal to the blue bell to watching

I changed to watching. It had been on tracking. I’ll sign off and reopen to see if it appears on the right side of the page with other discussions.
There’s been so much activity lately that I need to pay attention to topics I like to follow and skip many of the others.
As usual, I’m grateful for all the help, inspiration and just nice people at HO.

2 Likes

This. I personally hate the use of “veggie” but I’m not going to make a federal case out of it.

1 Like

Me too !
:heart::heart::heart:

There’s lots of words that makes me cringe….moist, phlegm, dongle, shaft, sputum…

Edited to add: bloat.

1 Like

See, here I was about to complain that a former CH poster (who might show up here any day, so SHHH) ends each of his posts with an ellipses. Like…he’s…trailing…off…

And I am inexplicably enraged by this. And then here you go! with your damn ellipses.

Other than “moist,” I wouldn’t expect to see any of those words here.

2 Likes

OMG. Ellipses are my vice. I started using them only on weekend for recreation. Then I found myself using them during the week and then would go to my car on lunch breaks to use them. I tried to stop but I gained weight.

7 Likes

I like using ellipses… well, some of the time.

1 Like