What’s on your mind?

Monumental arrogance mixed with a healthy dose of stupidity

1 Like

I also enjoyed her in her less kind roles like The Reluctant Debutante and The World of Henry Orient.

3 Likes

So I forgot the correction pen at home, and went to the Food City(a super market) in Galle. I was going to Colombo the capital city for the national tourist guide license course as you already know.
There were no correction pens at the Food City, and I continued my search. Vijitha Yapa(a well known bookshop) didn’t have it either, and I pressed on with my search. Ultimately I found one in a bookshop on a by-road, purchased it, and I was about to put the pen in my bag I would find that all this time I’ve been carrying someone else’s bag! I had switched it at the Food City bag counter. Quickly I hailed a trishaw and went back to the Food City to find that the owner of the bag, a girl, was taken to the security office to check CCTV. She was a nice girl, we all had a hearty laugh at the error, and exchanged pleasantries, and went our separate ways.
It wasn’t over yet! I had put the correction pen I bought in her bag!
Without further delay I went to Colombo having parted from 460 rupees-300 for trishaw and 160 for the pen, and having wasted an hour or so walking across half of the Galle city, still without a correction pen.
At Colombo I bought a correction pen for 80 rupees.

5 Likes

I too like Midnight Diner

I had no idea of this. Caveat - it’s presented as essentially a news piece but written by a guy from a think tank working on “environmental and human rights concerns at sea globally”. But still it seems to me he presents the story pretty straight forwardly.

1 Like

@zippo1 created this thread a while ago.
“enjoy” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Took me a while to get through. Tons of great content.

1 Like

8 Likes

Lol, so true sadly.

2 Likes

Halloween :jack_o_lantern: looms

8 Likes

FB_IMG_1667176719823

The order of Hoo Hoo.

3 Likes

Scary!

3 Likes

FB_IMG_1667221993575~2

7 Likes

FB_IMG_1667229318595

5 Likes

Apparently this is a real thing. “How to train squirrels to carve your pumpkin”.

6 Likes

A hollow floor. The floor is level and normal on surface (outside) but hollow/weak inside due to old age/decayed/rotten. What’s the word for that? What can we say without saying the floor is hollow?
English help please.

Decayed works for me, but maybe there’s something better here

https://inspectapedia.com/interiors/Wood_Floor_Damage.php

1 Like

Not structurally sound.

2 Likes

Rotted out.

1 Like

Decrepit?

1 Like