What’s For Dinner #87 - the Holiday Menu Planning Edition - November 2022

It was really fun. Greasy though!

3 Likes

A wonderful evening with friends at Dali tonight. It felt SO good to be out and about with friends, as it’s been awhile.

Roast Duck with Berry Sauce

Baked Goat Cheese with Tomato and Basil. (They changed this up somehow and it was very meh.)

Garlic Shrimp

Lamb Chops with Peach Sauce

Patatas Bravas

Beef Tenderloin on Toast with Roasted Peppers

Cuarenta y Tres

Julio and Churros with Creme Catalana and Chocolate sauces

19 Likes

Simples tonight here. I bought a little pork leg roast, the BF put a rub on it, seared it, and then roasted it. I also found these cute little honeynut squashes, which he also rubbed and roasted with a lot o’butter. They were super yummy and sweet.

19 Likes

That sounds outrageously yummy!!! :yum:

Did you eat at SYKO? We just ate there on Wednesday and my husband is still thinking about it!

2 Likes

Sure did.

We made corn bread last night using Preppy Kitchen’s recipe which called for the batter to be poured into a searing hot cast iron skillet before baking so that the edges crisp. Turned out great. Would make again.

The corn bread was not a side or an app, just satisfyingly a craving. Dinner was chicken tacos. Drink was a Bombay and Tonic.

22 Likes

There’s always next time!

1 Like

What was the noise level like? When we went in September, it was quite high when we went in, but as it got later and people left, the noise went down.

1 Like

Steakhouse inspired - Sirloin strips, giant portobello mushrooms, onion rings, and Caesar salad. Adult beverages!

22 Likes

It was less empty when I got there at 6:30, so the 3 of us could hear each other, until we couldn’t about an hour later. Then an hour after that, the sound level was tolerable until we left around 9:45. I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen it that crowded in a long time!

1 Like

God, I love sleeping in. :zzz::sleeping::sleeping_bed:

The boyz, on the other hand, get mighty pissed off when they don’t have their food in front of them at the time their tummies expect it. :paw_prints::scream_cat::crying_cat_face:

No more DST, boyz. Deal with it. :clock7:

Another gloriously warm day in New England, reaching 73° by me and 78° on the South Shore. I have a feeling Mother Nature will bitch slap us soon enough. So I’ll enjoy it while I can!

A decidedly NON-warm weather dinner, but b/s chix thighs were on sale at Hannaford, so when this popped into my brain, I went with it.

Chicken Stroganoff mostly patterned after this recipe, but with WAY less flour and chicken stock, and some cognac added. I used several b/s chicken thighs cut up and served on mini lasagna egg noodles (World Market) with peas and local fresh/frozen corn niblets cut off the cob alongside.

Oh yeah. There was wine.

20 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ including crispy duckleg confit and breast; panko crusted halibut with forbidden rice and wasabi sauce; lobster bisque with PEI mussels; tuna tartare; garlic shrimp. It all went great with an excellent Syrah and red blend.

11 Likes

Leftover Moroccan-spiced lamb meatballs in an orange-tomato sauce. Fresh batches of couscous and carrot salad. Still working our way through that dubious bag-o-pita.

15 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was Egg Fried Rice with peas, onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms. I modified an “Aaron and Claire” (youtube) recipe.

14 Likes

11 Likes

Chicken piccata over fettuccine, caesar salad. Wine

22 Likes

Last night’s dinner was a salmon fillet and rice pilaf.

11 Likes

I had no idea what sort of place SYKO place was. I googled it and thought it was an interesting concept - Syrian and Korean, thinking it was some sort of fusion. I wasn’t really sure how that would work but was interested to find out. It seems more of two separate menus without much of any crossover which is also interesting but not in the same way.

2 Likes

Interesting concept for sure! From our limited (one-time) experience, the Korean menu was a bit stronger. The falafel/baba ganoush/fattoush I got was tasty enough, but was expensive and just sort of middle of the road relative to other falafel/baba ganoush/fattoush that I’ve immensely enjoyed. My husband, on the other hand, LOVED his fatboy sandwich. The Korean dessert pancake was also quite tasty.

2 Likes