What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

Dinner, night before last: prime rib bones glazed with Kinder’s Barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and the best homemade Mac n cheese we’ve ever made. Tasty & wished there were more ribs.

14 Likes

Lobster feast.

14 Likes

Cobb salad - really not the day for it - cold and rainy here in SF - but it’s what the BF wanted. Plus, we had NO AVOCADO :sob: and I wasn’t going to go out for that. So, romaine, scallions, hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, radishes, leftover chicken, and peppered bacon. To add to the inauthenticity, no blue cheese either, and I made a Cesar dressing for it, with only two salted/rinsed anchovies cuz the BF. But it was filling, tasty, and we needed more veg in our lives.

18 Likes

oh my lord that’s a delicious looking plate of food!

1 Like

Happy anniversary! That’s quite a pie!

2 Likes

happy happy, @RedJim, and many more!

1 Like

Dinner was an odd event tonight.

One adult had mistakenly soaked A LOT of beans on Friday, for soup… which was not going to be eaten by anyone else over the weekend because it’s not a meal of choice.

Another adult decided to sous vide a goat shoulder, because it’s a good weekend project.

Third adult (me) spent the weekend mostly figuring out how to use seed starters and tending to growing scraps.

So, kale and white bean soup. Also boti kabab (ie tandoori goat chunks). Salad. Brussel sprouts. Burgers and hot dogs for the kids.

14 Likes

More sugar snap salad

16 Likes

What a compliment, especially coming from a maven of great looking, and I’m sure, tasty food! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

maven, eh? :grinning: Thank you!

Mais oui, I do consider you one.

2 Likes

Merci, ma chère!

1 Like

I would be proud of my sister. Looks like a tasty meal to me. Having an interest in food could lead to other positive things.

Some acquaintances of mine after having seen my photos didn’t believe they were mine. Even if they did they said “if I eat like you I would be fat fat fat”.

4 Likes

@paryzer @Saregama @mariacarmen @gcaggiano

Thank you for your well wishes!

Its been a sweet journey for us…

2 Likes

Best anniversary wishes!

? Weewalka …do tell.

1 Like

Thanks for the best wishes, Dan.

Here’s the pizza dough Wewalka sells in the U.S. We’ve used the classic twice, and had the Bistro last night. Good products, both of them. Available to us at Kroger…
http://wewalka.us/product/classic-pizza

Ah! I have seen this in a few markets and wasn’t sure about it. Thxs.

45 is a beautiful number. Happy anniversary to you and your wife, @RedJim!

1 Like

Now you tempted me! Thanks for the recommendation. I really know nothing about Indian food, except ordering in restaurant, never cook any.

LOL! H has been yelling he wanted pizza since 2 weeks!

1 Like