What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

Indian at home to remedy last night’s awful takeout.

Dal, cauliflower-potato, and spiced halibut. My first time cooking on induction outdoors (to skip the lingering fish fry odor indoors), quite interesting.

There was a cocktail, and also a salad. I’ll be having some intense chocolate ice cream for dessert as well did curbside pickup to replenish everyone’s favorite flavors.

Happy weekend, all! Have to make it different when all the days merge into one another :joy:

12 Likes

This confinement situation has growing impact on people and sanity, so much so that now I’m cooking solo and less time is dedicated to cooking, I spend lots of time in outdoor gardening.

Pork chop with rice noodles with dill and coriander, and leftover pork broth had some pork shoulder. Cucumber wasn’t in its prime, so stirred fried them. Since a few days, I tend to eat more and more spicy.

Roasted fennel with white wine and turmeric and garlic thyme marinated lamb rack.

Last night was fresh sardine with garlicky white cheese (Boursin), spinach and red pesto spaghetti . No photo.

17 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen buffalo sauce in a jar- who knew? This is good inspiration; adding it to my weekend project list. Thanks!

Well, the sauce wasn’t all that great. I wouldn’t buy it again.

Back in January, we had a delicious buffalo mushroom pizza at the Maine Brewing Company’s tasting room in Freeport. That beauty sparked my inspiration. Photo of the aspirational pie below in case it would help you.

If you devise a better buffalo sauce, do tell!

10 Likes

I have a family member hit by the virus currently receiving treatment in NYC. Please keep them in your thoughts… Tyou.

Rooster

17 Likes

I will, @Rooster. I will. Sending healing thoughts to your family member.

1 Like

Looks damn good. I’ll let you know for sure!

1 Like

Sending my very best thoughts, Rooster!

I made butter chicken adding a seriouseats recipe to a bottled sauce. I didn’t take a picture last night. I was trying to use boneless skinless chicken breast, and was demoralized, but I did brine, then found the serious eats yogurt marinade. Husband and daughter liked it. These are the leftovers.

Here is the recipe

Here is the bottled sauce.

12 Likes

ThisWhat does your “end EU ASAP” status mean?

This?

They are in my thoughts @Rooster, as are you and yours.

No. I’ve been saying it for years and years. But yes, I’ve read that article before (I read The Guardian every day).

Staying at home has never looked so good!

Excellent meals every one

2 Likes

@Rooster Add mine to your thought bouquet.

Thinking of you and your family, @Rooster, and wishing a good recovery.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. Best wishes for a full recovery

1 Like

@Rooster hoping for the best

I made Vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) in the IP on slow-cook mode (not pressurized) after browning the batches of beef and aromatics on sauté.

I used this recipe:

Combined with one from NYT for inspiration:

Should have been curly egg noodles or thin rice noodles, but Taiwanese wheat noodles worked in a pinch.

17 Likes

How is that brand of sauce? I see it all the time but always end up with Patak’s.

It was “fine”. I mostly made it for husband and daughter, and they said it was “good”. I’d rather be cooking for MY tastes. :pensive:

I think I’ve tried Patak’s before, although I don’t think I’ve tried “butter” . I can’t say I am getting why it’s called that.

2 Likes