What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

That was a med school motto in the 80’s. Maybe not to be taken literally. Maybe.

Lemony kale and andouille soup.

11 Likes

Yeah, I know & I’ve been a victim of one. Very recently @shrinkrap.

1 Like

Sous vide strip steak, mushrooms, and salad of arugula, red onion, and cherry tomatoes.

10 Likes

Oven baked pork chops with first of the season Corn on the cob. The corn was beautiful. Smallish ears, but beautiful.

15 Likes

Those will be the days, my friend, hope they will never end. Need tomatoes too!

2 Likes

Such a absolute gorgeous day here next to the mountain. Grilled summer chicken. Thinking of surfing , sun tanning on the beach. Where I grew up . Cheers .

17 Likes

Delicious the whole meal! Although I don’t think I could finish the whole snapper by myself!

1 Like

Looked good! And you have a wok! I don’t anymore, and have to cook everything separately and eventually add together.

Yum the pot pie! I really don’t know why, but for a month I asked H to buy Brussel sprouts, but never in stock… I wonder maybe they are imported rather than local produce with now the half-close of frontiers in Europe.

Thank you @naf :blush: It was a small piece, and once you take the bones out, it is not that hard to finish.

2 Likes

Too funny. I asked Mr Bean about that as he went to medical school in the 80’s (maybe I should call him Dr Bean). He said oh yeah - “See one, Do one, I hate teaching”. He also said it is so different now. He teaches residents and now there’s a multi-step process before residents are allowed to do a procedure. I’m not sure that is so bad but he seems to think they are being coddled.

3 Likes

Weird about the sprouts, but nothing surprises me right now in this upside down world. BTW, the pastry on the pot pie was nothing short of ethereal. I’ll be using that writer’s proportions/recipe from now on, for all pies using regular pastry crust @naf. It was very easy to work with, as well.

3 Likes

All our best wishes from Barcelona …
Exactly, nobody is immune to this
awful Covid 19.

4 Likes

Good Friday Lunch - April 10th. Gnocchi al Pommodori …

23 Likes

Stunning

2 Likes

My mouth is watering! I’ve never made gnocchi before but this is making me want to try. Tips or recipe you like?

3 Likes

Thank you very much … And also splendidly superbly wonderful !

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

Gracieggg,

Thank you for the lovely compliment …

Laborious however, worth the time and energy !

My Dear helps out too so this is a couple´s Project !!

Have a wonderful weekend.

3 Likes

There was some katsu curry sauce taking up room in the freezer. Had this with breaded chicken breasts and roasted sweet potatoes that needed using up. Normally have pickled cabbage but my homemade pickled cabbage isn’t ready yet, so had the kale that wasn’t used yesterday. To add the pickled element I had some of my green beans I pickled with, ginger, fennel, Sichuan peppercorns and star anise. They was okay a month ago but they are so much better being left to mature another month.

17 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes

1 Like