What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

More game tonight from our meat delivery. Started by frying pancetta. Took it out added butter and sauted some pheasant breasts. Once cooked, pheasant breasts out of the pan and deglazed with cider, stirred in mustard and cranberry & orange sauce ( an xmas present) plus a little bit of water to make a sauce. Baby potatoes, kale and carrots to go with.

15 Likes

My husband bought me a tortilla press a few years ago. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. I haven’t bought tortillas since.

I had no idea home depot sold stuff like this… but here you go. Looks identical to the one I have: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fox-Run-7-in-Cast-Iron-Tortilla-Press-5942/308682568

3 Likes

I’ve tried to make tortillas several times using a tortilla press and they are never that nice. I’m going to have to try rolling them out next time. Or maybe you and Justine will come over and do it for me? I’ve got plenty of tequila. (when it’s safe of course)

8 Likes

Lol, so @gcaggiano apparently your mileage may vary on a tortilla press!

1 Like

Boy, that all sounds and looks wonderful!

1 Like

We must have been typing at the same time - I’m a slow typist.

I bought the press for a cinco de Mayo class I was teaching. I made one tortilla and then asked for volunteers. Isn’t that what teaching is all about?

Maybe we need a tortilla-off.

3 Likes

Thank you. All things considered it was very nice.

YES! I’m in!

@gracieggg and @MsBean we rolled them out since we do not have a press. I don’t think they could have come out any better, especially for first-timers. As we gradually collect kitchen gadgets, I’m not sure a tortilla press will be one of them. LOL

4 Likes

Have Tequila (or gin and pretend its tequila), will travel. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have both.

1 Like

Buena!

We’ve been ordering seafood from a wholesaler in SF that now sells directly to consumers. Made spaghetti vongole using a bag of littleneck clams.

22 Likes

Damn. That’s magazine worthy!

2 Likes

Cool, can you provide a link - thanks!

Made some Hong Kong style supreme soy sauce fried noodles with onions, fresh onions, garlic, soy sprouts, light and dark soy sauce, rice wine. Prawns were cooked separately and should not be included in the noodles.

Beans and pork with white wine, onion tomatoes and concentrated tomatoes and sage.

14 Likes

Does your supplier want more business? er, would he want you to name him here?

After a trip to work and then my local Market Basket to pick up some lamb for a Sunday dinner, I made a Thursday dinner.

Sauteed chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper and onion, combined with udon noodles and my Dad’s satay sauce.

It’s Thursday. Time for wine.

15 Likes

Chag Shameg….Happy Passover!

3 Likes

That is an absolutely wonderful spaghetti vongole …

1 Like