What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

Does your supplier want more business? er, would he want you to name him here?

After a trip to work and then my local Market Basket to pick up some lamb for a Sunday dinner, I made a Thursday dinner.

Sauteed chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper and onion, combined with udon noodles and my Dad’s satay sauce.

It’s Thursday. Time for wine.

15 Likes

Chag Shameg….Happy Passover!

3 Likes

That is an absolutely wonderful spaghetti vongole …

1 Like

Linda…In these unique times , world wide…every day is time to have a glass of wine and be thankful for our health… We have been all touched by this, and no one person is immune.
I am raising my glass to everyone here, those who have perished during this scourge, and all whom are fighting this pandemic on every front.
Cheers!!!

10 Likes

Mrs. P made delicious roasted whole red snapper (from Local 130 Seafood) with garlic, fresh herbs, minced peppers and capers, and vermouth among other ingredients :yum:We had sides of asparagus and roasted mini peppers.

17 Likes

Thank you !

Haha, I made this, too. With ground beef, cabbage, carrots, and no sprouts.

ETA noodles are trending! Little wonder.

16 Likes

wow- looks great.

1 Like

Dinner the last 2 nights - fork and knife burritos with ground turkey, black beans, avocado and cheese.

Last night beef pot pie with leftover prime rib and roasted sprouts. The night before those were some tasty grilled burgers on buns dug out of the freezer and chips. Not photo worthy because the buns had seen better days.

Is anyone else having problems with their dryers overheating and shrinking their clothes? If only I could get some repair people over here - yikes! :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

Thanks @Metsfan86!

Leek-kale-potato soup, because farm box greens

7 Likes

Check for lint at both the trap and the vent outside, somewhere along the line it might be clogged. Overheating is I usually a sign. Is it taking lot longer to dry clothes too?

You’re adorable. I think that was an overeating joke.

2 Likes

Thanks all! I’ve been ordering from Water2Table, based in SF and will deliver throughout the area for $100+ orders. The quality of seafood has been impeccable, especially the local fish.

https://www.water2table.com/direct-to-consumer#dtc

4 Likes

Chicken fajitas to go atop the homemade tortillas we made earlier. Served with the usual accoutrements rice, cheese, sour cream, chips, and salsa.

To drink, something different because I was tired of my usual gin/vodka drinks: a whiskey sour with Maker’s Mark.

13 Likes

those look like flour tortillas I might actually like! I’ve only made corn, because they’re the only kind i usually like. bravo!

2 Likes

“See one, do one, teach one.”

Breakfast for dinner tonight. I made hash browns with shredded potato, carrot and onion, poached eggs, peppered bacon, and a little salsa fresca i whipped up. sourdough toast would have been overkill but sure woulda been good. BF got 3 pieces of bacon to my 2, but i got the runnier egg. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Looks delish as always! Any chance we could get your dad’s satay sauce recipe? Thanks.

1 Like