What’s for Dinner #56: The No Place Like Home Edition - April 2020

WEDNESDAY LUNCH … Parma Prosciutto and other Tapas …

17 Likes

There was plenty of leftovers from the pork shoulder stew I made on Sunday. The remaining meat and half the sauce went in the freezer. The remaining sauce went in the fridge. I was pretty sure I could use it for a pasta sauce. I was wondering what to put with it. Then I remembered it had fennel and chorizo and so it dawned on me that seafood would work. So I reduced it, threw in some clam meat that was in the freezer and had it with linguine.

20 Likes

That’s a good idea. I can create it tonight after work unless you want to.

3 Likes

cauli leaves!! why did i never think of cooking them!

3 Likes

Radish leaves are good too, if you haven’t tried them - they have a nice peppery bite.

5 Likes

Mrs. P made some outstanding crispy sautéed black sea bass with capers, vermouth, butter, and various fresh herbs. We had asparagus on the side. She used the Martha Stewart recipe linked below. We got the exceptionally fresh fish from Local 130 Seafood in Asbury Park, NJ. I placed an online order last night and a local 130 seafood van was in front of my home before noon today. Very impressive! I highly recommend them if you live in the NJ area.

19 Likes

We had fish here, too. I made Melissa Clark’s Vietnamese Caramel Salmon in the IP. Served over brown rice with haricots with butter, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and S&B Shichimi Tougarashi. A fave.

16 Likes

already on that bandwagon! that’s why i’m so shocked at myself for never having tried using the cauli leaves.

bfast yesterday, radish greens scramble:

14 Likes

Serious eats Jambalaya

15 Likes

I didn’t cook anything today, which was a nice change.

Dinner was campanelle with rao’s, chicken cutlets sautéed with garlic in olive oil, and sautéed green a la NYT (my suggestion for a giant bag of mixed hardy baby greens which we’ve been eating as salad).

I made cocktails again, using rum, in-process lemon shrub, and mint from the garden.

Gorgeous sunset made my day.

19 Likes

DWs Meatloaf on Tuesday night. Served as sandwiches Wednesday night, tucked between slices of wonderful French Bread from East Detroit Bakery…

15 Likes

“Home-did” chips and salsa

Cod and yard-chard

15 Likes

DH stopped and did curbside pick up of some provisions from a little cheese shop so fresh cheese (Hook’s cheddar and Mt Tank & Mav), baguette, and salami were dinner. A side of homemade pink grapefruit marmalade and a beer to share. That’s all she wrote.

21 Likes

That’s exactly what I was craving last night!

1 Like

A small but special Seder.

24 Likes

It looks quite lovely @MsBean - hope your holiday was a good one, albeit small, and probably not the usual for you, or most anyone this year.

3 Likes

Looks great. Especially when it’s accompanied by THAT beer. Never seen it in The UK.

2 Likes

Call us crazy but we really wanted fajitas later tonight and since Shop Rite was OUT OF TORTILLAS, we made our own! They were easier than I thought. BF made the dough and did most of the forming while I took care of finishing them on cast iron. I’ve been in the kitchen all day. Now to relax for a few hours. When do I start drinking?

26 Likes

More game tonight from our meat delivery. Started by frying pancetta. Took it out added butter and sauted some pheasant breasts. Once cooked, pheasant breasts out of the pan and deglazed with cider, stirred in mustard and cranberry & orange sauce ( an xmas present) plus a little bit of water to make a sauce. Baby potatoes, kale and carrots to go with.

15 Likes

My husband bought me a tortilla press a few years ago. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. I haven’t bought tortillas since.

I had no idea home depot sold stuff like this… but here you go. Looks identical to the one I have: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fox-Run-7-in-Cast-Iron-Tortilla-Press-5942/308682568

3 Likes