What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

omg katsu… looks marvelous!

dumplings - i just don’t think i could ever get the dough thin enough. we use the pre-made wrappers and they still don’t come out perfect. as long as they tasted good!

2 Likes

It turned out well. I didn’t have celery or sage on hand but the thyme, onion, carrot and garlic was enough.

2 Likes

I’ve never made a farro soup. Good idea.

1 Like

In my wheelhouse…

My gal left the recipe on the frig😁

2 Likes

The dried thyme from these folks bloomed in the soup really well.

1 Like

The filling looks fantastic! I haven’t tried dumpling dough from scratch but that filling would have been great on its own I bet! Kudos for the inspiration to try something new.

2 Likes

A tin of sardines is my new typical lunch if I have one

2 Likes

re your dumpling adventures, you can invite me anytime to help your disasters disappear.

2 Likes

LOL!!! yes ….

Gregg, I give you a ten…if you gather all of us toghther…we my might average a 10.5…hey one never knows…but you know what…they look delicious…!!!

2 Likes

Turkey-zucchini meatballs Marsala tonight with pasta. Another toddler hit. He helped.

16 Likes

I forgot how discarding sourdough starter makes me nutty… Anyway sourdough starter discard pizza dough. I knew it wouldn’t taste amazing due only to the ease and perfection it rolled out. Literally a perfect circle without trying anything. Anyways, toppings saved it all. On my side sauteed onions, brussel sprouts shaved thin, topped in mozz and parm cheese with balsamic glaze. His side, onions, peppers, broccoli, black onions. Meatless Friday!

17 Likes

Stunning looking and flavors sound divine.

1 Like

Pre-holiday splurge for two. Cracked open a can of foie gras, bottle of Sauternes and a tiny jar of bar le duc. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Followed by simple pan-roasted chicken and potatoes.

And a little zucchini

19 Likes

I love observing all your technique. Those peeled potatoes. You have chops.

2 Likes

Oh, Sweetie, I only wish!

A couple different cans of tomato soup . Tossed together and dolled up . Bodega sandwich. Wine to drink. Cheers :wine_glass:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

I had a tin of smoked oysters for lunch today. Same same, really!

4 Likes