What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

Wow, certainly not boring! Looks delish.

And wotta splurge!

1 Like

Yes! I do, too. One has to be able to switch “modes” and adapt. I just chill TF out and do holiday properly. Yes, that means I will be eating the same things several times but I only have a limited time there. Like eating a shocking amount of game meats when I was in Namibia.

I also love the hash, one of Austria’s national dishes.

My very own when I was in Tirol:

10 Likes

As promised picture of:
The New Kitchen at the New “Phreddy Home” South Florida

The kitchen area is 12’x14’…and the cabinets are 8 feet high!..plenty of space to do damage!!!

24 Likes

Wow!!! Have fun cooking…

3 Likes

Good looking ! Now, you must be more adventurous as you now have space . Mrs P must be coming up with ways to decorate which is fun. There is thrill on the hunt . Congratulations ! No better Christmas gift to y!ourselves.

3 Likes

That kitchen works! Nice triangle. Nothing is too far away. As long as there’s convenient storage for the things that get used frequently and some place to work, I actually prefer manageably sized kitchens. I think you’ll really enjoy working in that space. The hanging lamps are neat, too.

3 Likes

What jealousy this inspires !!!

3 Likes

Enjoy it good health and great meals.

3 Likes

Boletus ? Black Trumphets ?

Divine morsels.

My version of Chicken adobo, the garlicky vinegary chicken stew which is the national dish of the Philippines. There are many versions, I usually omit coconut milk when son is around. So today, I cooked it with coconut milk for a twist. When I plan to add coconut milk, I use less vinegar. Here is my recipe.

12 chicken legs skin on
4 skinless chicken breast cut to bite size
One large caramelized onion after which pot was deglazed with 1/4 cup of Shao xing wine )
Shit ton of garlic ( cannot remember who coined the word, Linda whit or Maria
Smashed ginger
A tin of coconut milk
Bay leaf
2 teaspoon peppercorn
4 Thai chili peppers
Reconstituted shiitake mushrooms
Water to cover including water from reconstituting dehydrated shiitake mushroom
Chicken legs were placed on griddle (son left the griddle at the beach, so bought another one, did not know I purchased the smaller version)
2/3 cup of soy sauce
4/6 cup of cider vinegar
Enough water to cover chicken
Chicken was left in pot to simmer till tender tender, meat practically falling off the boney, then added 3 tsp sweet potato starch to thicken the gravy slightly , thin coconut milk added, then coconut cream ( the part that is on top of the can ) was added and simmered another 15 -20 min
Served with rice Taste darn good

![cYi8y3MnTaKSWGUsb1zl2g|525x700](upload://9Q zLkL3FtyL0r8cQsPtpkXEDlQU.jpeg)

Chicken legs were placed on griddle (son left the griddle at the beach, so bought another one, did not know I purchased the smaller version, so it took longer time

2/3 cup of soy sauce
4/6 cup of cider vinegar
Enough water to cover chicken including the water used for rehydrating mushroom
Chicken was left in pot to simmer till tender almost done, 3 tsp of week potato starch added to thicken gravy a bit
Then coconut milk added and simmered another 15 -20 min Picture shows it almost soupy but it really is good with lots of gravy
Served with rice
very tasty but picture does not do justice.

14 Likes

Is it me, m computer or ? cannot seem to upload all pictures?

Late awake.
A couple errands.
Including one for work. :roll_eyes:
At least it’s out of the way.
Some reading.
Chatting with sister.
Watching the Patriots.
AFC East Champions!

Dinner was sausage, broccoli and penne in a pumpkin sauce, sprinkled with Parm-Reg. Wine before, during the cooking, and after.

Dessert will probably be chocolate salted caramel ice cream.

Something on Amazon Prime will be on the flat screen.

17 Likes

Pictures from your previous post are there. You just don’t see them if posting from your phone in a preview mode the way you do on a computer.

1 Like

Sounds great! Do you buy pumpkin sauce already made or make it yourself? I’ve never had it, and I’d like to try it.

1 Like

Actually the builder did a great job…everything that we paid for is spot on… slightly larger than our north home, but nicer…thanks for your good wishes…hope to have one or all of you for a meal in the future!

2 Likes

This was made using part of a can of canned pumpkin that was in the freezer. I sauteed a large link of sweet Italian sausage, breaking it up in the pan, removed it to drain on a paper towel, then added some minced shallot and garlic to the fat left in the pan. When that was soft, I splooshed in some white wine and reduced it, then added about 1/2 cup of chicken stock, 1 cup of canned pumpkin, the cooked sausage, and stirred it all together, adding 1/3 cup of heavy cream, salt, Aleppo pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg. Simmered on low, stirring occasionally.

The penne was cooked, adding broccoli florets towards the end for about 2 minutes. Drained, the sausage-pumpkin sauce was added back to the pasta and broccoli in the pot, and it was spooned into a bowl, with some grated Parm-Reg on top.

4 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Laurel and Sage in Montclair, NJ. Details and pictures are in the below link for those that are interested.

1 Like

A “start the holidays” dinner: Fresh Kielbasa with Brussel Sprouts & Red Onions.

15 Likes

Breaking out the old school. Lemon, garlic , and rosemary chicken. Wine to drink . Starting the holiday week . Cheers to all . :wine_glass:

19 Likes