What’s For Dinner #41 - 1/2019 - Clean Slate - New Plate Edition!

Well…he’s not exactly little. He’s 6 feet tall, 26, and got married in Turkey last week!

8 Likes

The Thai version and Smitten Kitchen’s are basically the same, hers is just a variation.

yum that salad sounds great too. you can only improve everything when you add fried eggs to it.

1 Like

Late dinner of pantry and freezer components to avoid horrible Chinese takeout. Ended up with thin wheat noodles, edamame, and pork dumplings in chili-black bean sauce with butter and ponzu. Scratched the itch.

10 Likes

made that browned butter pasta with parm again, with the butter/toasted panko crumbs, and added a ton of cracked pepper, parsley, and some crisped up pancetta. we also had the artichokes from Monterey, with aji verde as the dipping sauce (a little overpowering for the chokes). Also, a big salad of tomatoes that I marinated in my Italian/Dijon dressing, and celery, romaine, kalamata olives, shallots, and a mini avocado.

13 Likes

A recent dish . But I enjoyed it so much . It was a do over. Wine to drink :wine_glass:Cheers .

11 Likes

jealous of that caviar!

2 Likes

omg i could eat that every damned day.

I just missed you in monterey! Where was your great dinner?? The sea otters never get old for me…
such a delicious holiday you had!

2 Likes

I experience that as well. On Wednesday night I was visiting the SIL and my job was to clean , prepare and fry the fish.
I fried 12 pieces (each about `1/2 to 3/4 of a pound) for that night and for her to freeze.
I really was not interested in eating the fish when it was served, but with the sides I made a clean plate.

2 Likes

That fried egg sandwich recipe is going in my Paprika app, which is working out great! Thanks again to those that .

Really nice that I’d saved this recipe for Chicken chili that I’m making for a crowd at a “home going” today. Somehow years worth of recipes seem to have dissappeared from my Eipicurious recipe box!

2 Likes

oh wow! We went to Montrio’s Bistro for our NYE dinner. I can’t remember, are you parents nearby? It’s weird, but even being so close, I have been to Monterey only twice in the last 20+ years. It was so pretty.

1 Like

5 Likes

That looks delicious!

1 Like

Oh i couldn’t say last time i went to montrio…! Glad to know it’s still good- i will pass along your recc to my parents. I grew up in the area, my family’s house is about 20min drive away from monterey and from salinas, between the two.
Beautiful area to visit :))

3 Likes

kimchi…and tahini? color me impressed. i may have to try that.

1 Like

:joy: yes but not really, I usually eat the kimchi first like the appetizer and it doesn’t get much dressing on it.

Got back fairly late last night and couldn’t handle delivery meal yet again. The bodega on the corner had more fresh produce than usual (usual = onions, bananas, sad apples, plantains and green bell peppers) so i made The Most Random Salad Maybe Ever for dinner. And was very happy about it!
Lettuce, cucumber, an orange that wasn’t very sweet at all, sunflower seeds and some capers cuz I didn’t have olives. Basic vinegrette, kombucha a la carte.
I warned you it was random.

Rainy windy cold day, was craving very simple veg, and after mention of crunchy hippie vegetarian food somehow just steamed cauliflower and zucchi sounded appealing. Added some sesame/soy to my bowl. There was a side of Lazy Girl Tofu, but didn’t catch a photo. It’s as unattractive as always

There’s a big honeycrisp and almond butter for dessert with my tea.

Also started new to me experiment making beet kvass today as mentioned on home fermentation thread- will have to wait a few weeks to try it though

12 Likes

Have made pickled beets but never thought to drink the liquid

Tonight’s dinner - wonton noodle soup with homemade charsiu and homemade pork wontons.

18 Likes

That would be perfect right now.

2 Likes