What’s for Dinner #25 - 09/2017 - the Autumnal Edition

My crappy low carb meal. Thank God some indulgence are carb free for desert. Beautiful early autumn night in my piece of NJ.

4 Likes

I hit like, but that’s just for moral support.

3 Likes

Appreciate it!

Any time Bro.

Dumb question. Does the cigar negate some of the supposed benefits of your low carb regime…? Like, longevity…?:nerd_face::woman_shrugging:t3:

I got a message late morning that my friend finally had her baby…!!! :hugs: I basically left work five minutes later and took the rest of the day off.
Mid afternoon we went to a nearby turkish/middle eastern restaurant since new mom needed some rest and her family was famished.
Not especially hungry after the big lunch (i usually have a very small lunch) so i made a snacky plate and some edamame hummus. Raw veggies, a few slices of smoked tofu, some kimchi, and a couple thick seedy crackers. And my own ginger lemon kombucha !

8 Likes

Dinner with friends in Oberageri Switzerland.
Smoked chicken thighs not pictured with multiple sides, salad and cheese
Preprandial cigar and spirits

11 Likes

I’m holding out one more day, I see 60s ahead! I bought an adult onesie last week and it needs wearing. Tonight’s dinner was early-chicken salad with mixed lettuce, cabbage and a sesame soy dressing.

4 Likes

I feel like you win the internet today, just for sharing that!

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day!!!

1 Like

Nice! Safe travels enjoy!

My best friend has a 3 month old and the most recent picture I was struck by a need for a onesie. Amazon to the rescue, it has bunny ears!

3 Likes

Thanks!

Les Grandes Hamburger Americaine avec fromage et salades et les Frites Maison

4 Likes

I’m doing some ribs low and slow on the Weber. Up here in Mount Shasta with a little charcoal and a little Oak. Maybe make some slaw. Having some wine on the back deck. My landlord is cool. Still looking for a place to buy.

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day @emglow101 !!!

1 Like

I just have a box of Little Debbie Swiss rolls. Do they count as cake ? I love them.

2 Likes

I am home from a week of blue corn and chilis. I do need to write up all the meals that we had over that week. I had some really good food, and a few misses. The high end dining that we had planned didn’t work out, so I only enjoyed more traditional [and filling] offerings.

Back to real life. Need to feed the rye starter; hard cook some eggs, get the ciabatta poolish going again, and make some hamburger buns. Oh, and ferment some yogurt.

5 Likes

I was not paying enough attention to the weather for today… I biked to work and was a hot mess before i even got to my desk! Really humid too. Iiiiiiccck.
I needed salad for dinner but that sounded lame, so i made an old standby- this chickpea and sunflower seed salad, but i skip the dill and add furikake. Also skip the sweetner and added in super fine diced red onion.
I put a scoop of that on my salad greens and used some cucumber slices and bell pepper to scoop it up. My homemade ginger lemon kombucha a la carte!

8 Likes

Thai red chicken curry with eggplant and fresh herbs from the garden (green and purple basil, lemongrass, chive, cilantro, peppers)

6 Likes