What’s for Dinner #20 - 04/2017 - Spring's calling: a movable feast

3 posts were split to a new topic: What’s for Dinner #21 - 05/2017 Spring the Garden Banquet edition

So, I’m not the only one here, besides @linguafood, who is in Germany at the moment.

Last night… We arrived in the evening on a sunday, everything was closed, save for a couple of restaurants (because tourists have to eat, too). I have packed a few food items knowing everything would be closed in this small village by the Mosel river. Couscous and Bratwurst from home. Couscous was fried in the fat after the sausages. I brought 2 big, frozen chunks of Mangalitsa fat for cooking (and eating on bread).

My first Riesling in Riesling paradise. It’s a sparkling one, picked up from winemaker Toni Treis whose residence and tasting room is a few minutes walk from my lodging.

Just a hint of sweetness.

3 Likes

After an incredibly stressful day and at least two wine spritzers too many, I threw together a bastardized spaghetti all’Amatriciana last night, with bacon, shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes and a can of diced tomatoes. Purists may say that it’s not Amatriciana without guanciale, and maybe they’re right - but it sure was delicious. Pasta is a rare treat for us and I enjoyed every last bite!

4 Likes

Let’s jump to the May WFD here: