What prepackaged mixes/sauces do you cook with?

I didn’t want to post it here since I don’t want to endorse anything, but since you asked …

I order from cajungrocer.com often and have always been happy with the results. They ship fresh food packed in dry ice, so be careful when you open the box. They have everything I love and miss from New Orleans including mixes and sauces as well as boudin, stuffed breads, etc.

In fact, I am browning some Richard’s boudin for breakfast right now.

1 Like

I really love Soy Vay, i have tried many times to make my own version and it’s just not quite as good.
If i don’t have my own stock on hand i like the better than bullion roasted vegetable base or the mushroom one. I get the taco seasoning packet from trader joe’s once in a while, i just don’t keep all the spices on hand since i use them infrequently. Oh, and about twice a year i make brownies from a box.

2 Likes

This is a classic Tex-Mex taco mix that pretty much everybody’s mother used for a quick meal while I was growing up in sunny California. So, of course, I follow the tradition. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh yes! There has always been and forever will be several packets of this in my parents’ pantry. If i somehow don’t have the TJs one on hand i pick up this one, they’re slightly different- TJs seems a little more spicy to my wimpy self. I actually used some for my lentil taco soup which was surprisingly good and gave the lentils that ooomph they need

1 Like