What kind of potato would you serve with braised brisket? Please don’t say potato pancakes

bbq potato slices.
parboil
pan fry for crisp & pretty
season to taste:

4 Likes

Definitely mashed with the butter lake.

1 Like

Fried potatoes as you want some textural contrast. Having for example mashed potatoes you would have soft-on-soft so you need something with some “bite”

1 Like

Hasselback potatoes would be nice with that.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve had them and if I lived anywhere near at TJ that would be my side!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I should have added that I’m recovering from gum surgery and my energy is a bit tanked. I really don’t want anything I need to make last minute. Although, all the responses are great!!!

3 Likes

There’s no love for roasted seasoned potatoes here. Nom nom nom. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Crash! Skip the Parm if you keep kosher.

1 Like

Ohhh, I love them. But I’d prefer mashed with the brisket.

3 Likes

SE’s hash browns using the FP to shred.

What is SE?

I translated it to Serious Eats.

What’s the bbq part?

Yep, Serious Eats. Very easy and tasty but you will stain a dish towel when draining the potatoes.

1 Like

Duh.:crazy_face:

1 Like

Food as a second language is tough for me sometimes😃

1 Like

May be too late now. If you want to cut down the work of latkes, grate the potatoes in a food processor. Freeze them overnight, then thaw. All the water will come out lickety split because you’ve broken down the cell walls. You barely have to squeeze. Only thing is they will oxidize in that time period. If you know of an anti-oxidying agent you can add, then you can retain the color.

the seasoning - anything from s&p to hot sauce to rub . . .

1 Like

Raw potato won’t oxidize if it’s kept underwater. I would just keep the defrosted potatoes underwater until then next morning, then drain and squeeze again before using.

If I peel too many potatoes, I cover it in water and leave it in the fridge for a day or 2.

I am pretty sure that when I did it (tried it after it worked really well for zuchini, the frozen potatoes (in a ziplock) had already oxidized. Possibly while they were freezing. I wouldn’t want to chance it especially if I had friends coming over. But freezing and thawing produce is the best, easiest way I know of to get water content out without much effort.

1 Like