What is your favourite Kichen Gadget?

Hi everyone,
I’m still reading through the

thread and thought that we could share which kitchen gadget is one that we could not live without.

1 Like

For me it is a potato masher/ricer

2 Likes

I got a fish spatula for Christmas, and I probably use it more than any of my other tools because it’s so thin, but strong.
Runners up are my Oxo tongs, Schiff Cutlery 7" offset bread knife, and an old, worn, perfectly shaped wooden spoon that came with a package of bean soup mix.

3 Likes

It depends on the definition of “gadget”. If we are using the narrow definition of specialized tools, then I would say a peeler (it would have been a can opener, but nowaday most cans can be opened without a can opener)

If we are including any non-cookware tool, the I would say my kitchen knives and cutting board.
I also don’t know if appliance like a rice cooker and microwave would be counted as gadgets, but they are very high on my list.

2 Likes

My poke in digital thermometer has made a huge difference for us in meat fish and baked goods. I don’t know why I waited so long to get one !

4 Likes

Wow thats amazing sometimes it is hard to narrow it down just to one item. I also love my sausage knife for cutting bagels and buns.
I think a spatual and tongs would be high on my list as well.

I hadn’t thought of larger appliaces such as Instant Pots, microwaves, rice cookers and Crockpots but sure why not.
For me, this is a better way to get to know you.
As for knives, I’m hoping that @drrayeye recreates that thread here.
And cookware pots and pans I’d prefer to leave that to @Claus, @kaleokahu, @damiano etc.
It’s so true about can openners once a valuable tool and now mine is collecting dust.

1 Like

Good point a thermometer is a valuable and essential tool.

1 Like

My mango depitter thing less versatile but I love using that too !

Cheers !

2 Likes

@chienrouge, I had to Google what a Mango depitter was. :rofl:
For anyone else who is interested in knowing here’s a short video.:

I can see that being handy and definitely a time saver.

1 Like

yes my fingers are my most essential kitchen gadgets and thanks to this and proper avocado cutting technique ive still got ten after many decades living in california!

1 Like

I always feel safer when I use my mango depitter. Mangoes are so slippery!

2 Likes

Actually, I’ve never seen a mango depitter and just checked with my favourite kitchen shop and they have two to choose from. I have to admit the slippery mangoes is one reason that I’ve given that fruit a pass although I do love them.

1 Like

hi we got ours on amazon (looks like the one in your video) and now we def eat many more than previously for the reason you mention.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. The kitchen shop doesn’t have the particular one in the video which to me looks like the winner.

i checked our orders - we got this one

1 Like

Thanks!

Hi Olunia,

For tools, it would be my All Clad screen–just the right size when I pour out liquids after warmup.

For breakfast, I depend on my Oster/toaster (small oven)–also reheating that leftover pizza for later in the day.

Welcome!

Ray

1 Like

@drrayeye

Thanks, It is nice to see some familiar faces here.
Splatter screens definitely save time on clean up. I also love my toaster oven.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a Thermapen with a built-in infrared temp reader. The combination is awesome and something I use almost every day for one thing or another.

3 Likes