What Is Your Favorite Vegetable?

Gai lan! I don’t have it that often (and never now that I’m stuck in Pa) but I love it. Especially baby gai lan!

2 Likes

Broccoli

Brussels sprouts

Yam leaves

So hard to choose.

Like picking your favorite ice cream flavor.

4 Likes

I’ve come to a conclusion. Whatever looks the best while shopping. I’ve never met a vegetable I didn’t like .

7 Likes

You do love your brassicas!

1 Like

I can’t resist potatoes; my 2 best friends also find them irresistible. Other than that, artichokes and eggplants. With eggplants I love Italian style, Chinese dishes, like stir fried spicy, I can’t spell the Arabic style dip! I must not forget the Greek dishes. I haven’t tried the Turkish ones but I’d like as long as no lamb, Japanese tempura!

2 Likes

I fondly recall getting two dozen baby artichokes in Castroville for $1! Of course it was in the mid-1950s!

1 Like

JP’s carrots with chives are divine. In my former life, sauteed in bacon grease :wink: Now blanched and sauteed in a little OO.

2 Likes

Team Eggplant here too. Current favorites - japanese eggplant marinated in seasoned dashi broth and baingan bharta. Could eat either dish every day without unhappiness.

3 Likes

@LindaWhit i’ve been reading this thread with great amusement. I wonder if it would’ve been less controversial / caused less angst for folks if you had used “plant” instead of “vegetable” in your title? :laughing:

1 Like

I also learned more veg are fruit than I thought. Oops.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine a life without salads, for me it would have to be lettuce.

3 Likes

Once on vacation in Maine, eating lobster, fried clams, I noticed a real lack of salads, vegetables, compared to where I live in California.

2 Likes

That’s most of Spain for me. You can find ham, cheese & fried or canned foods (potatoes & seafood mostly) anywhere, but try finding a veg plate or salad at a restaurant…

3 Likes

Green beans, as long as they include ham or bacon :bacon:

Otherwise, green onions/scallions with salt and pepper to dip them in.
And peas in tacos.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: I thought it was a simple question. Guess not. :rofl:

6 Likes

I thought it was very concise.

1 Like

It was simple and concise. However, we want to find loopholes in order to keep as many as possible. I cannot imagine being unable to use all but one of onions, lettuce (do different kinds each count as one?), beans (same question), cucumbers, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, arugula, potatoes, English peas, snow peas, tomatoes, beets, asparagus, avocados, squashes (same question), artichokes, peppers (same question), and so on, let alone salsifies, cardoons, and so on. QPC with fries? Two vegetables! 86 the onion or the pickle. And the fries!

3 Likes

I guess that’s a vote in favor of multiculturalism.
Besides, loopholes make the world go round.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes