What is your favorite Le Creuset? (color, form...)

They do look cool. I know the oval one isn’t offered now. Like I said, I got mine a long time ago.

1 Like

oval 7.5 quart doufeu is available on Amazon. For $599.99 plus shipping.

also apparently available on eBay and other sites.

Well, there’s available and there’s “available”. Or as my Dad used to say “there’s always a way if you’re willing to pay.”

1 Like

Yes, indeed. When there’s a will, there’s a way, if you have the $$$$. Every once in a while, I look up the Le Creuset goose pot…15.5 quarts. Just for fun. It’s “available” at $615. I live half a mile from a Le Creuset outlet store and apparently there’s a sale now, on line and in stores. I last saw the goose pot in person many years ago. No way I’d buy it, but it would be fun to see it in person again!

And check out the current colors. I do need a new mug!

I have none. And I kind of feel like I’m a LC virgin :scream_cat:
I do have an ECI 6 quart Dutch oven, decent quality, and used for breads and braises. Works well. BUT, if I had to choose LC colors, I’d go for the Kiwi or eggplant, turquoise Caribbean, white color not bad. Like the the 6 qt DO, or eggplant shape.
Would love to see pics of your LC collections in your kitchens!

Giving this post only one fork and knife isn’t enough. You get 5 full place settings.

I have no data to support this, but the many and frequent changes to LC’s colors indicates to me that they want their fans to buy duplicates in something different. Imagine if, say, All-Clad had a dozen different colored metal finishes on the same d3 pan to entice buyers to change their color whenever they redecorate.

1 Like

Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware (also stoneware) have successfully merge cookware with fashion.

Wait til a company (maybe Le Creuset) starts to offer a third color for inside.

1 Like

I have a vast collection of LC, probably more than I need, a large oval DO in flame. It is pretty in a very traditional way.

1 Like

This should be a “bad answers only” thread. No fork and knife from me. If we wrote a Chowhound cookware parody thread, this would be the title.

1 Like

They need to break away from gender based stereotyping. How about a STEM model emblazoned with the formulae for calculating the volume of a cylinder and converting ounces to ml? It would come in two color schemes, flat black and chalk and white board with teal marker.

1 Like

Ironically this thread began its life as a joke on another thread (a twist on a Monty Python line) and was broken out by the moderators as a serious question. If someone had posted “Squirrel!” it might be on the Cooking board.

3 Likes

Squirrel?!! Where?!?!?!? :dog:

1 Like

I think the moderators see potentials.

As an ECI user with more than 20 cocottes that include Le Creuset, Staub, Tramontina, and Le Creuset clones, I found this thread a bit on the light side.

ECI is way more than color, and alternatives plug into different cooking practices. Colors can be selected carefully as purposive foundations, to support accent pieces chosen for aesthetics.

I chose dark red as a foundation color–accepting a number of variants along the way. To set them off, I chose Staub basil as a complementary color for Staub grenadine (dark red), and gradated yellow as a brightener for Le Creuset.

Should I desire any accent piece–in any color–I can easily find a very effective staging to bring new energy into my kitchen.

Marseille is what I buy when I have the opportunity. I also have a covered casserole in Flame (received as a gift) and a dark blue square Heritage covered casserole that I think is Ink. (again a gift)

1 Like

Have a small braiser in flame. Very traditional :grinning: I love it.

I also have 2 round ovens my mother gave me half a century ago. The color looks kind of like today’s nectar- it was the only color besides flame that was sold near us at the time. What was strange was the bottom -it was ridged. I haven’t used them since I got a glasstop electric, and now an induction, stove. But of course I’ve kept them …

(From when my stove had coil modules that could be swapped out for griddles and broilers.
When my mom gave them to me, I had a gas stove. )

3 Likes

Interesting pattern

I’ve never been able to find out the purpose for the ridges.

Very true. I know that I’d use it, but at $600, I could find other items that are just as useful. Probably more than one item at that!

I saw the goose pot once in a Tuesday Morning, on a bottom shelf. I did a double take.

1 Like