What have you purchased recently off the internet. Food wise . Or pots , pans . Etc.

As someone who is at least 50 miles (probably more) from an Asian grocery store or anyone making soup dumplings, I can attest that these are very good to have on hand. I was sent them as a birthday present by friends a year or two ago when I hadn’t had a soup dumpling in a couple years and I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Have ordered them a couple of times since. If you have fresh dumplings near you I’m not sure I’d bother. They are packaged very well for shipping and arrive frozen rock solid with a pledge to replace them if they are not.

3 Likes

I went to their shop in Bellevue, WA recently months ago and agree. We have a few branches of Din Tai Fung in the area plus locally based chain Dough Zone, both of which I prefer. But they don’t ship.

1 Like

Just ordered more saffron.

I needed a new nonstick pan, and found that Costco had Wirecutter’s favorite, a Tramontina. They didn’t have it at my local store, so I ordered it online. Wirecutter favored the 10 inc, but I wanted the 12 inch so my omelets would spread out as thin as crepes.
https://www.costco.com/tramontina-professional-12"-restaurant-fry-pan%2C-nonstick-aluminum.product.100704291.html
And today’s omelet worked out very well, no sticking at all (but to be fair, I’d sauteed mushrooms in a big chunk of butter earlier)

1 Like

I bought some “sashimi quality fish” and oysters. I really enjoyed the sashimi and the larger oysters ( Royal Miyagi,Fanny Bay ) I didn’t like the small Oishi as much, but some are still alive, 10 days later! Don’t know if I will be eating them.

I also got these from Smoking Goose, and enjoyed the tuna I’ve eaten. I also got some spicy, candied pecans, not shown because. I ate them while un-boxing. Most were good, but a few were a bit stale. I got a gift card. As far as I can tell, you have to use two day shipping, which is expensive to the West coast.

6 Likes

I have an order in “my cart”. I have a new chain with soup dumplings nearby, but they aren’t great.

The wrapper is a touch thick on the twisted part, but the flavor is good.

I saw a review implying they were at Costco but in PKG of 90, and online for me.

2 Likes

After talking with my 92-year-old mother in Ohio tonight, I ordered some classic hard candies for her to see if they will help her with a new condition she has developed with dry mouth. She mentioned really liking the old-fashioned Dad’s Root Beer Barrels. They were available on Amazon, and I also ordered Claeys Old Fashioned Lemon Drops for her. Hoping they will stimulate saliva production. I also think she will be more likely to pop a piece of candy in her mouth than remember to use the mouth spray her dentist recommended to her…

6 Likes

Certainly sounds better than a mouth spray!

3 Likes

She still lives indpendently in her own home and drives. She is generally very healthy but is incredibly forgetful.

2 Likes

I am thinking my last post might be confusing. It’s my local dumplings that aren’t great and pictured.

I just ordered some Mila soup dumplings, and was encouraged to share this

Not my intention, and wondering if it’s against HO rules since @kobuta didn’t share one, but apparantly I get a discount on purchases of $70 or more if you use it.

It’s not hard to get10 percent discount, and I’m tagging the mods just in case it’s “wrong”. I did indicate I learned about them here on HO!

1 Like

Where did you get the seafood?

Ooops!

I thought I had mentioned it on this thread, but it was on this one.

I think you did but I could not find it. I remember looking at it and being jealous that you had the resource. I thought maybe that was a different thread, I was hoping this post was a mail order thing.

Delivery is $15 in the “SF Bay area”, which is a great deal for me in my particular neck of the woods. I don’t know how they do it!

Stop showing off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think my sister lives in your neck of the woods and I suspect this is a business she has mentioned to me. They have gifts cards which might make a good gift for her. I used to think you might be her , but I don’t think she tends her garden as much as you do.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to take that as a compliment!

Honestly, living here isn’t for everyone. I’m sure many folks here on HO can get good sashimi or shop for this kind of fish were they live, and maybe they think these prices or making it at home or paying for delivery is crazy!

In the past I’ve relied on it being delivered frozen from the central coast, and with a minimum order. At this rate I could see myself making friends with the delivery person!

2 Likes

Yes, please do. I was just thinking of your posts on the garden topic. My sister likes to garden but I don’t think she is as successful at is as you are.

1 Like

They’re here!

7 Likes

My mom has one that looks identical to that. Lovely piece.

1 Like

These are the eggiest, springiest noodles in dry form. I so adore these. Then, I found them at a bigger grocer 20 minutes aways and have to make them once a week. I plan to replicate with the KitchenAid.

1 Like