What have you purchased recently off the internet. Food wise . Or pots , pans . Etc.

Food wise, Duke’s Mayo, and dried habanero chile powder. Will place order tomorrow for various Washington State lentils, grown in the Palouse, as well as some local sea salt blends from the San Juan Islands sea salt company. Good stuff.

Kitchen cookware and tools for gifts - All Clad 10 inch frying pan with lid, a SS fish spatula and spider.

2 Likes

Myself . 48 month aged Parmigiano reggiano from Italy. It’s going through customs at the moment arriving in February . Bob’s red mill polenta , 2 year aged Parmigiano reggiano. Duck fat . Had to order some more. Bag of Turkish bay leaves . Dried mushrooms from France . Am I forgetting something. More than likely. Cheers .:wine_glass: Meanwhile I am watching Under The Tuscan Sun . For the umpteenth time .

2 Likes

Yum! Need to get stocked up on the important stuff, now that it’s winter in the mountains! Enjoy!

2 Likes

We’re halfway through our annual 2#'s of See’s Nuts and Chews.
I ordered some salamis from Olympia Provisions for the first time - have not tried them yet. https://www.olympiaprovisions.com/collections/salami-samplers/products/french-sampler
Bought some French chocolate covered cherries to have as a treat on Christmas Eve https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/french-griottes-with-cognac/product/81748
And also these chocolate -covered Spanish fig truffles infused with Contreau https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/dark-chocolate-figs-2-boxes/product/H4841
I’m surprising my husband with a 2nd Shun knife, a 7" Santoku
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/shun-premier-blonde-seven-inch-santoku-knife/?pkey=s~shun%20knives~191&sbkey=default
And also bought him a covered glass dish to store an organic Irish butter we’ve recently discovered https://www.surlatable.com/european-glass-butter-dish/PRO-1788595.html

3 Likes

My NY resolution is to learn to make espresso (latte & cappuccino) at home so I ordered these yesterday.

Acadia Lunar Scale

Ascaso i-mini grinder

1 Like

Yemen and Vietnamese coffee beans, fresh milled flours, dried wheat berries and a Mexican chocolate.

1 Like

I’ve been sick, ended up in the hospital. Home now. Doing some armchair shopping. Because of HO , I ordered some charcuterie before Christmas from Olympia Provisions (I got their French Sampler). But now I can’t get to a decent store to buy anything to go with it - so I just put in an order with Murray’s Cheese. Keeping my fingers crossed…

I ordered 1/2 lb. each of Champignon Cambozola Black Label, Colston Bassett Stilton, Bleu Mont Dairy Bandaged Cheddar, and Pyrenees Brebis. Also Marcona Almonds and Three Little Figs French Onion Confit.

Will have to send DH out for a baguette, a few pears and some grapes and wine…

6 Likes

Hope you’re fully recovered soon, but in the meantime, do enjoy your goodies.

3 Likes

Oh @retrospek, I am so sorry that you have been sick. Hoping that some good food and staying cozy at home will prove restorative and lift your spirits. Take good care of yourself.

4 Likes

Made-In 12” carbon steel pan.
Technically I didn’t buy it but did get it off the internet. Someone on Nextdoor gave it away, virtually unused. I really like it, great nonstick properties after I seasoned it.

8 Likes

I also have one. Love it.

2 Likes

Looks great. Where have u got it?

I just bought this after seeing a write up in Bon Appétit.

I haven’t tried it yet, but discount when you buy 4 and free shipping over $50.00. 4 bottles came to $51!

Also bought these from Heritage

And from D’Artagnan

I couldn’t help it! Everyone is having sales!

4 Likes

Anybody familiar? I saw it in the NYT today, and it’s sort of local rto me.

They also have

And other locally grown chile.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to refrain from online purchases as a bit of a resolution. I’ve been actively lobbying my local markets to stock additional items that I feel have market demand (from me). Specialty condiments perhaps are the one thing I have the most difficulty getting on shelves. I recently broke down and re-upped my supply of verde sauce from a small outfit in Kauai. I usually get the 6 pack from them every year. This is one of my favourite add ons to anything breakfast related.

2 Likes

Had looked in vain for these facing heaven chilis a few years ago and recently found them at this site. Also got a few other basics for sichuan cooking. Pleased with everything I ordered.

3 Likes

On a thread people were talking about having nice Microplanes and I got so jelly because all I had were poverty Microplanes.

3 Likes

Mysterious Deba knife:

Trying to understand how this damascus knife is made

Maybe the most beautiful kitchen knife I have.

Ray

3 Likes

Revived this thread since it didn’t look like there was a more recent thread on online food and food related shopping.

If you are on any social media, you may have seen or heard about the soup dumplings by a company called Mila (or mi la). I’m not a big SM user, but they were everywhere on Facebook and Instagram for the last 2 years or so. For the most part, all they sell are soup dumplings in a few flavors, a dan dan noodle pack, and some accessories. Simu Liu (of Shang-chi fame) is a spokesperson for them. The dumplings come with steamer liners which is helpful. They are 50 dumplings to a pack, and cost $39.99/pk. Free shipping on orders of $99+.

They weren’t ground breaking, but these are definitely good solid soup dumplings. The filling and the broth are tasty, and steam up well. Having these made in the US and shipped directly in a well packaged box, they stayed frozen so no cracking issues on the skins of the dumplings. That can be an issue if the delivery to a local store wasn’t always cold enough and dumplings defrost a bit, and get refrozen. If someone isn’t near a local Asian grocery store, this is probably a great option if you enjoy soup dumplings.

8 Likes

I got a Philips pasta maker for Christmas- it was ordered online, though. It’s a really nifty, tight little machine- the last one I had was big, bulky, sloppy, and never did work right. I love this one. Bought some durum flour and semolina from KA to use in it. I’m really happy with the pasta machine and hope they come out with a few more dies for it.

3 Likes