What have you purchased recently off the internet. Food wise . Or pots , pans . Etc.

For myself. Was in the buy it now mood tonight . Spanish fish broth. Portuguese olive oil . And more Saffron from Iran. Recently a Paella pan , bomba rice , lard , and more Spanish sweet Pimenton . And you ?

3 Likes

Another vintage cake pedestal for my collection, via eBay

17 Likes

Apart from our weekly home delivery supermarket order, it’s been mainly cheese recently. In normal times, we had regular visits to farmers markets where we could buy local farmhouse cheese. They closed during the lockdowns and are only just reopening. So, unless we wanted to be stuck with supermarket cheese, we had to find an online cheesemonger. And we did.

The other items have been mainly Middle Eastern ingredients. Again, we used to visit a local shop but, when we last went (in the autumn) there was little mask wearing by staff or other customers, in spite of it being a legal requirement. place just didnt feel at all safe.

4 Likes

The last on-line food related purchase I made was way too many spices from Kalustyan’s. I am almost thankful I wasn’t actually there as I can’t imagine how much more I would have bought. Luckily I was able to share with friends.

8 Likes

I’ve been in a knife and pan kick lately. I hope it passes quickly.

7 Likes

Soppressata aka Soupy from Westerly Packing in RI. Good stuff.

1 Like

Just done another order. We 're getting - Winslade, Appleby’s Cheshire, Gubbeen and Duckett’s Caerphilly

1 Like

I haven’t been able to do much cooking since February when a bad roof leak took out about a third of our house including the kitchen. Probably another couple of weeks to go until things are back to normal.

In the mean time, I’ve been buying nuts and dried fruit from Nuts.com. Their products are very fresh, reasonably priced, and somehow arrive here in California from New Jersey in a couple of days. Love them!

5 Likes

Nothing. I need to get out and walk and usually go to the grocery store every day. Everybody here in Houston has stayed masked up.

2 Likes

Gosh I’m terribly sorry to read about your roof!

1 Like

Thanks. The whole thing has been a nightmare. All I can say is - make sure you check your roof vents (something I had never heard of before this whole mess started)!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this horrid news.

All our best wishes from Barcelona.

1 Like

A butter mill. It squeezes out a thin ribbon of butter when you screw the top down image

4 Likes

Thank you. It’s interesting. Before the leak, I was getting tired of cooking, which is something I normally love. But I really miss it now. Reading HO lets me see what other people are cooking and eating, and helps me realize that I’ll be back in the kitchen eventually.

2 Likes

Try not to laugh too hard, but I bought a 15 piece Farberware cookware set online this afternoon. Reg $140 - on sale for $70 plus 40% off mystery savings/ free shipping from Kohl’s. It’ll do.

4 Likes

Wow!!

I always had the impression that Farberware was looked down upon by some people on these cooking forums, hence my don’t laugh comment. But it’s good enough for me. Thanks for the vote of confidence.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That just sucks!

Majorly!

1 Like

We got a set of Farberware as a wedding gift almost fifty years ago and still use several pieces, though when I inherited the Tfal with the glass lids we had bought for my mother’s home health aide to use 10 years ago, I started using several of those instead. (Before the Tfal, my mother was using her mother’s dented aluminum cookware from around 1915.)

3 Likes