What have you purchased recently off the internet. Food wise . Or pots , pans . Etc.

Chain mail scrubber works great so far on cast iron. It gets all the solid bits without removing the oils you want.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the follow up.

1 Like

I have recently purchased famous Indian food items like chicken biryani, red chicken and raita. It was really amazing. I had a great time.

1 Like

We do not really consider a phone call to our favourite wineries in Italia, as ordering online, however, we had ordered one of our favourite Prosecco Brands via telephone. The distributors pass through Barcelona and deliver to us as we know the owners of the wineries very well.

And the same for our Pasta vendors (wholesalers).

We do not order online with unknowns and never Amazon.

Natural Catch canned tuna, which I first bought via a Facebook ad. Itā€™s pricey but great, straight from the can. Itā€™s slices of tuna steak, in a blend of olive oil and vegetable broth. They sent an email offering a discount, so I reordered.

And now that summer is ending, Iā€™ll soon place my annual dried Blenheim apricot order from Apricotking.com.

I ordered this skillet from the makerā€™s websiteā€¦of course I slipped out of my smoking jacket first. It arrived Sept 4th. Online orders are immensely convenient, but some users understandably find it confusing or complicated.

Agreed; phone orders certain arenā€™t an online order.

2 Likes

Oh lordy . Yippee. Must have been the wine . In the last hour .
Stainless steel food rings
Framore dried spaghetti pasta
Agostino Recca white anchovies
Stainless steel kitchen tweezers 12 "
Locatelli pecorino Romano 1 lb.
1 lb of Frank and Sal 24 month aged Parmigiano reggiano.
Cheers :wine_glass:

4 Likes

This looks like itā€™s got a nonstick coating on it. I would love to hear from you in a while about how well it is lasting. I need nonstick coated pans in my kitchen. I just canā€™t with the stainless steel or cast iron only. But I keep buying duds that last for 5 or 6 months and then the coating wears off, even though I am careful to not use metal utensils on them. The most recent were a 3 pack (diff sizes) of coated Tramontina at Costco. I bought it twice, mostly to replace the largest pan which I most often use. And now Iā€™ll be soon tossing the second of these and just left with 4 of the smaller less useful sizes.

2 Likes

Just bought this vegan chicken salt from Savory Spice. I cook a lot of chicken so I thought Iā€™d give it a whirl. It would probably be good on tater tots and various roasted vegetables as well. Anyone tried this one or another brand?

1 Like

I believe in using the right tool for the job and nonstick is an essential tool for me. That particular one is an All Clad12ā€ D5. I also have their D5 nonstick in a 9 and 10.5 omelette. Excellent pans in my opinion.

If youā€™re looking for a good nonstick you might check into the Anolon brand. I found them to be an excellent choice.

3 Likes

I bought these (something close, they werenā€™t quite this much) 6 years ago and the coating is still perfect. Iā€™m careful not to use the on fully high heat or with metal utensils.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/calphalon-elite-3-piece-fry-pan-saute-pan-set/?sku=3747623&cm_ven=PLA&cm_ite=3747623&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Local&gclid=CjwKCAjwhOyJBhA4EiwAEcJdccYwIB4UAE5iQ5KXyQLENT5La7Hjx8HHSSwdUA2-S75Qj65zMdKrIhoCjxoQAvD_BwE

3 Likes

Thanks to a post on another food site, I scored with 29-pounds of Ranch Gordo beans at 60% off (so about $2.40 per pound) due to a going-out-of-business sale:

I also sent a package of RG beans, plus assorted sauces and spices, to family (plus ordered a box for myself, but no photo of those items) as a result of that sale.

9 Likes

Update - I love this stuff! So far Iā€™ve used it on roasted chicken and vegetables, baked potatoes, and popcorn. Itā€™s now my go-to seasoning blend.

1 Like

if you want a good non-stick pan, by far the best Iā€™ve used that have truly lasted are Scanpan cookware (Danish brand). They are not inexpensive pans, but they are the one brand that Iā€™ve had truly last more than even a 2-3 years. I have one sautee pan thatā€™s been working well for me for almost 10 years, and itā€™s still good from a non-stick perspective. It also (surprisingly) sears and browns food better than other non-stick pans Iā€™ve used.

1 Like

I bought more crystal and some Misen steak knives online. All arrived intact and happy with the purchases.

1 Like

I lost my discounted source for my favorite high quality flavored olive oil due to Covid so Iā€™ve switched to Colavita brand garlic-infused via Amazon. Iā€™m telling myself that garlic is such a strong flavor that the quality difference in the underlying oil isnā€™t that critical. So far itā€™s been working just fine. It doesnā€™t hurt that the price is around 30% of what the good stuff used to cost me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes, I have quite a few scan pans that are 5-10 years old and agree with you. My only complaint is that a couple of them have developed wobbly handles.

1 Like

Really? Bummer. Iā€™ve been lucky ā€“ my pan is still holding strong! I also have two pots and those are doing great too ā€“ no jiggly-ness yet. fingers crossed

1 Like

DH buys a trio of cheap teflon skillets every once in a while. The 10" one gets scratched up and so he buys another trio. So I just got him a Le Creuset 11" nonstick skillet for Christmas and if he uses metal utensils on it I will personally thrash him.

3 Likes

Farberware used to be one of the biggies as far as home kitchens go back in te day. Not as much any more, but I think itā€™s still a decent brand, and in fact just got a couple of FW sink strainers at a Big Lots, which had a whole Farberware aisle. The products looked pretty good to me.

1 Like