What have you been watching lately?

Anyone see Woman King now on Netflix ?

Kinda corny in parts but some entertaining adult viewing and certainly transported to another time and place. I liked it. Lashana lynch viola Davis and the cast were badass !

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. I loved the old Top Gear and thought JC’s character of a fusty old grump was amusing, when played off May’s more ‘proper’ formalism and Hammond’s gee whiz kid energy.

Then it began to emerge that it was not, in fact, a character. He wasn’t just playing at being casually racist and self involved.

I got one and a bit episodes into Farm before I quit. Knowing he was actually being an ass to real people, all for some ridiculous hobby farm he doesn’t really want or need, while they’re all trying to make an actual living…

I’m glad he’s losing platforms. It’d be nice if no one published his columns either, but so long as Rupert Murdoch exists, gross old men will always have a place to show their whole ass in public.

1 Like

Which show are you referring to? Your reply is to shrinkrap, but they’re mentioning a British show.

Not British. The dinner club on Amazon prime . Italy

Well, now I’m even more confused since you mentioned Austria and Germany.

Guess I’ll check out the Dinner Club.

I enjoyed it too. Daughter and I wanted to take a class!

1 Like

I snuck in a comment about The Dinner Club when I got an email about the new release.

2 Likes

sums it up.

like on the history or on martial arts/weapons/badassery?

i loved how those ropes came into play later in the movie that was awesome!

Well of course I started looking more at the history, but I was thinking of the general badassery.

1 Like

Lemme know if you find anything cool!

My girls been away on a class trip but I’m eager to see this with her.

I liked how they showed the battling but the violence wasn’t gratuitous or especially gory compared to some other movies.

1 Like

I agree that he is an a…h… I wished he got some kind of warning the day he called a Burmese guy a “slope.” That too to someone who helped them.
Then the day I particularly hated him was the Madagascar special. They hold up a bride and groom past their wedding time, and ridicule them too. And go away without a sign of sympathy or repentance.
But all those instances the viewers too enjoyed it, and it was funny for the viewer. Media never bothered to criticize it. All of a sudden when a rich woman is insulted the whole press kingdom starts running around screaming in pain.
Jeremy should be cancelled, I agree, and strongly believe so. But this huge media hype at THIS instance, I don’t feel anything special, I would watch another episode of the Farm.

I was thinking of posting that exact article.

If you loved the Nordic horror film Rare Imports (If you’ve been naughty, Santa will not be pleased!) and have enjoyed the action of the John Wick series, this may strike your fancy. I know that I, for sure, will be there opening weekend.

Warning: explicit violence

I have been enjoying. J . Kenji López videos on you tube . Like his style. Filmed in his home kitchen. Dogs at his feet , barefoot, kids voices in the background. He is cooking many recipes. Not all pretentious. Telling you what he is doing at all times . Measuring not so much .
I like that . I never measure when i cook . Just like a union carpenter. What are you doing looking at it . Nail it .

3 Likes

Kenji’s home vids were a pandemic staple. He’s a national treasure.

1 Like

Just finished the Apple tv original “Sharper.”

John Lithograph and Julianne Moore, among others. Highly recommend!

2 Likes

Lithgow. WTF autocorrect :thinking:

For those who want just to watch something that brings satisfaction without deep themes and analyses, I would recommend watching wood turning videos. One of my favourite pastime videos. :grinning: Mostly vases and bowls but they are real beauties.

2 Likes

yet another headline as question that can be answered “no”