What have you been watching lately?

My husband is several years older than I am and he still insists that Sean Connery played the best Bond. I on the other hand prefer James Bond in this order:

1 - Pierce Brosnan

2 - Roger Moore

3 - Sean Connery

4 - Daniel Craig

5 - Timothy Dalton (I did like License to Kill)

You really can’t beat Pierce Brosnan and Judi Dench. They made quite a team. Here they are starting out together in Goldeneye.

Not sure what I did to show bold but anyway.

somewhere along the line with pierce and daniel craig the bond movies got too long and boring for me. idk. maybe i’m wrong and it’s not just the length. i like roger moore alright but i’m with your husband. judi dench better than all of them !

i was chopping it up on the music thread with @damiano and we both like view to a kill. duran duran grace jones tanya roberts and christopher walken. what more do you need ! oh yeah roger moore …

1 Like

A View To A Kill was and still is one of my favorite Bond flicks. It has it all like you said.,:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

snowboarders all over the mountain now. not in 1985! love that scene.

1 Like

Wheel Of Fortune Pat Sajak . A master television host . Since 1981 . Vanna White irreplaceable.

1 Like

he’s no alex trabek, but somehow he’s alive and hasn’t aged in 40 years!

Yes . Absolutely

and who could forget the wilt chamberlain of game show host kissers

1 Like

Pat and Vanna are good through 2024, but I’ve got a funny feeling about Maggie Sajak.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I’d have to agree with your husband on Sean Connery. I liked Roger Moore too.

I will always associate Pierce Brosnan with Remington Steel ( which I enjoyed).

But Judi Dench? Fuggedaboutit. In a good way.

I didn’t know this from tvtropes.org.

" Remington Steele made a lasting star of Pierce Brosnan and won him the role of James Bond. Not without some controversy, though; Brosnan was cast in The Living Daylights after Steele had been cancelled, but as soon as the announcement had been made, NBC uncanceled the show at the very last minute , using contractual obligation to force Brosnan to give up the role and return to TV. Timothy Dalton ended up playing Bond in that film, and Brosnan had to wait for almost ten years to play Bond in 1995’s GoldenEye . The show also made a lesser star of Stephanie Zimbalist (daughter of Efrem Zimbalist Jr.) for the duration of its run."

2 Likes

I don’t remember kisses on the lips, but it was a hoot!
“The survey says…”

1 Like

always lips!

funny it never really got noticed by me. he was nice and being polite and supporting. times have changed!

we saw most of the godfather last night after seeing the offer. really opened up new interesting angles in what is an incredible movie.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching this all weekend.

I like the acting, the music, the stories, and all the stuff outside.
And new words to try, like bairn.

4 Likes

Finished 1883: bleak and slow moving versus Yellowstone, but grander and more epic. Not necessarily better, just different. Women will love this series what with all the romance and poetic voice over texts!

Oh brother! :unamused:

2 Likes

That makes me not want to watch it :dancer:

1 Like

Sounds like a Hallmark / Lifetime show in the US

Lol my partner - not a film buff at all - loved it.

We enjoyed 1883 and are enjoying 1923 too. I even downloaded a ‘family tree’ with pictures so we could be sure how the narrative would continue through to Yellowstone (which we think is one of the better series of recent years).

We’ve been seeing news pieces to the effect that rodeo (especially ‘cutting’ of cows) has skyrocketed in popularity and that it’s hard to find a cowboy hat at retail.